Thread: Astera Titan App connection help

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Astera Titan App connection help 
    Hello,
    I have a few Astera Titan and Helios tubes, all connecting without problems via Asterabox Art7 to the Astera app on Android.
    But one of my Titan tubes refuses to get discovered. I did multiple resets on the light, tried Auto and App controlled as Input settings nothing works, light stays in Blue mode forever and the app does not find anything. Radio codes do match, I tried multiple matching settings on light and app.
    Any other ideas? I emailed Astera Support via the web form but got no response so far.

Is there maybe a funky key combination to set the Bluetooth frequency region on the light side? I know it can be selected for the app.
    First problem solver is usually a firmware upgrade, but I do not think its possible without connection to the App, or?

Is there maybe a funky key combination to set the Bluetooth frequency region on the light side? I know it can be selected for the app.
    First problem solver is usually a firmware upgrade, but I do not think its possible without connection to the App, or?

I know it’s kind of the ‘nuclear option’, but have you tried resetting everything, the Astera box and lights, and starting from scratch like everything is brand new? I did something weird/funky when I first got my LightDrops and I ended up just blowing everything out and going back to square one. Of course, I wouldn’t do it on a shoot.

I probably try that over the weekend, the Art7 manual is very light on troubleshooting, maybe the two firmwares are not compatible. It would be annoying to send it out for "repair" if it's only a settings mismatch

Spoke to Astera, looks like hardware, most likely the wifi module came loose. Still under warranty so I won't open it myself but apparently its doable if it happens to anyone on set without access to replacement and service. Two screws and some silicone to get past.

Good to know, just in-case. Also a good reason to have the little IR remote, just in-case. Obviously it doesn’t give you anywhere near the control, but at least you can do the very basics with it and aren’t completely dead in the water.

I really like their products. In fact, I just ordered several AX-5’s a few days ago, to augment my AX-3 Kit.