Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo EXT Connector Pin Diagram

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Mark Pederson bribed me with a very expensive bottle of scotch to give you all this a bit early.. so everyone say thank you Mark.

Will more Scotch get me a release date??? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    We would need Jarred to confirm if this ODU is compatible with 0B.309 Lemo connectors. I never confirmed that but I suspect it is - Jarred?
    Mark, I've left you two PMs and tried to gently flag your attention in a couple of threads. Could you please PM me re getting service on my Hotlink? I realize it's an old product and Offhollywood is no more, but I just want to find out if repair is an option somewhere. Thanks.
    Elizabeth Lowrey
    Triumvirate Filmworks

RED Epic-X #2114

3. #23 ... down with PTP... 
    I was really hoping Komodo would be down with PTP. SMPTE 12M goes back to 1975.

SMPTE 1588 - Precision Time Protocol (PTP) is much better suited to advanced production workflows, particularly arrays and VRR applications.

Cheers - #19

Question about the GPI input.

Does it pull low to activate. i.e contact closure to ground, or does it pull high, contact closure to +5v ref.?

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    I was really hoping Komodo would be down with PTP. SMPTE 12M goes back to 1975.

SMPTE 1588 - Precision Time Protocol (PTP) is much better suited to advanced production workflows, particularly arrays and VRR applications.

Cheers - #19
    TLX is the future - https://www.reddit.com/r/LocationSou...or_smpte_time/
    Mark L. Pederson

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    This was a big take-away from that:

One reason it’s taken so long to come up with a replacement suited to the modern world is that SMPTE ST 12 timecode was so damn good and robust...

Thanks Mark. Excited to see TLX propagate. Based on the link you cited, it actually leverages PTP to support multi-frame rate synchronization per temporal alignment.

Whilst the Komodo die is cast, I'd like to start the campaign for TLX implementation in the DSMC3 cameras - even if its just a sub-set at launch. I anticipate the industry will rapidly embrace "Smart Sets" as more devices emerge that can perform as "clients", operated from a master/segregated control app/s. It's already a reality in some bespoke infrastructure.

Cheers - #19

Hopefully TLX will solve the problem of compensating audio/video latency offsets for decoded IP video streams. Streaming movies lose lip sync due to some minor decoding glitch far too often for my taste.

No Gig-E means no Dragonframe support, unless there are any add-ons to come. But no complaints here, just a mention! I'm still every bit as excited to get one.