Thread: ARRI Interview: The immersive camera movement of 1917

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 ARRI Interview: The immersive camera movement of 1917 
    ARRI Interview: The immersive camera movement of 1917

By ARRIChannel

Deakins did a terrific interview a few weeks before this talking about how much he liked the Arri Alexa LF Mini, and also his specific reasons for choosing Arri Signature Primes. He has an interesting philosophy on what he wants to see and how he wants to lens to affect (or not affect) the image.

I'm really awaiting the 1917 Blu-ray, because I'm sure there'll be some amazing behind-the-scenes footage and interviews about Deakins' process and the VFX necessary to pull it all off.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Marc,

Yeah, I originally started another thread with that exact interview with Deakins. I was going to add the interview I posted above in that thread but couldn't find it, finally found the thread on page 5,

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...s-large-format

It's always very interesting to me to learn why different Cinematographers use certain cameras, Lenses, lighting, shot framings... etc. Not so that I could go right out and do the exact same thing and buy the same equipment they used but so that I could better understand their reasoning behind why they felt that equipment better told the story they were trying to tell.

Lastly, I would like to say to anyone that will watch these two interviews , watch them not to directly imitate Roger Deakins but to learn how to be a better "You".

1917 Accepts the Oscar for Cinematography

By ABC

1917 | Extended Making of Featurette

By FilmIsNow Movie Bloopers & Extras

1917' Cast & Creators Discuss Making The Ambitious One-Shot Film | Entertainment Weekly

By Entertainment Weekly