Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komodo Batteries

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Hey Phil -Could you inquire on behalf of us mere mortals to Wooden Camera about that nifty little plate you have so we can power this sucker? Nothing online I can see, and with everything back-ordered for a couple of months and Stormtroopers shipping in the next week or so I’m sure we would all love to be able to find a way to power them.

To people that own the GDU V mounts....how does the size compare to a Hawk-woods 98w? Are they about the same size?
    Documentary Cinematographer - NYC Based

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Torrie View Post
    Hey Phil -Could you inquire on behalf of us mere mortals to Wooden Camera about that nifty little plate you have so we can power this sucker? Nothing online I can see, and with everything back-ordered for a couple of months and Stormtroopers shipping in the next week or so I’m sure we would all love to be able to find a way to power them.
    Remember I'm testing a lot of stuff that's not out yet. Which also means from the time I started testing them there might also be slight design revisions.

I have several battery plates here from a few companies. All have their strengths and weaknesses, a few are too weird and I likely wouldn't recommend. Same for top plates and cages for that matter. Some good and some bad. The ones that lack compatibility with other accessories are just a bit over zealous in their design logic.

The Wooden Camera V-Mount plate is well thought out and I don't mind sharing info about it. It allows you to position the battery, good for balance on gimbals and things, and you get all that nifty D-Tap goodness.

It's just not live on their site yet basically, same for other manufaturers, though I'm expecting a few announcements after the holiday weekend. Don't worry. An onslaught of accessories is coming. Prepare to be a bit overwhelmed. If you are concerned about size and weight, the BP mount is the lightest weight and smallest option. If you need to power and distro to a bunch of accessories I think V-Mount or G-Mount are the way to go. Sort of highlights why I have both setups in my kit.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Has anyone made a simple short D-tap to Komodo lemo cable yet?

Such an easier way to just power everything off 1 regular V / Gold mount battery on a plate. I've got tons of 150wh V-mount batteries that looks like it could last me almost a week of shooting with the komodo and accessories before having to recharge anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Joesef o. View Post

Such an easier way to just power everything off 1 regular V / Gold mount battery on a plate. I've got tons of 150wh V-mount batteries that looks like it could last me almost a week of shooting with the komodo and accessories before having to recharge anything!
    I still don't know yet if Komodo's ODU connectors are LEMO compatible...can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone recommend any BP-955 replacements that are reliable? Looking for the medium sized (+/- 4900 MAH) 7.4V style not the larger versions. The Canon's are sold out and I will need to pick up something for Komodo.
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI

Quote Originally Posted by Joesef o. View Post

This connector comes with all the preproduction models. They’ll probably release it when the black production models are being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Reese View Post
    Can anyone recommend any BP-955 replacements that are reliable? Looking for the medium sized (+/- 4900 MAH) 7.4V style not the larger versions. The Canon's are sold out and I will need to pick up something for Komodo.
    I would just put in some orders for the BP-955 or some BP-975. There is a good chance you will have them before you have the camera.

Hey Guys,

I just found a couple of Canon BP-970G Batteries 7.4V 7200mAh from about 5 years ago. Provided they charge will they be usable with the Komodo? I haven't seen this model brought up in the thread yet.

I also found a 955 thank god haha
    Mavick Media | www.mavickmedia.com | @MavickMedia
    Alberta Canada | Oslo Norway

I'd be looking to build a right angle lemo to Ptap, know of any already existing cables that might work? I'm just trying to confirm if it's the same cable connection as the 2pin Teradek connections, because that makes it easy to make/build (maybe having to reverse the polarity to work?)
    Last edited by J. Orlandi; 07-07-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Cinematographer and gaffer for 16 years. Working in TV and feature films.

Authorized dealer for over 100 brands of Audio / Video gear and accessories including Teradek, AngelBird, Black Magic Design, Oconnor, Anton Bauer, SmallHD, Steadicam, Litepanels, Sachtler, and more!

GEAR: Arri Alexa XR 4:3 PLUS, RED Komodo Stormtrooper, Cooke 20-100, Nikon Vista Speed PL primes, RED 17-50.

Reels and info:
    www.NYCinematography.com

CEO of sales company:
    www.EverestStudios.TV