Thread: RF Adapters for Komodo

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    Anyone know if RED will be including the RF/EF adapters with the Stormtroopers or the production models, like they did with the Orange Komodos? (I.E. should I return the Canon one I got in anticipation of getting a Komodo?)
    Jarred confirmed in his email today that it will come the RF/EF adapter and all the stuff that came with the crazy coloured alpha models. So... YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
    Just PL currently. RF/PL Revolva and a straight RF/PL adapter will be available pretty soon now. More things in the works as always.
    If you make an RF/EF Revolva you've got a customer here. I'd like to keep my Komodo rig nice and small, and internal ND would help a lot with that. Yes, I could get your RF/PL Revolva, but PL lenses are generally really big so that kills the whole small rig thing. (Also I only own EF lenses ATM.)

I wonder if it would be possible to get the Canon adapter with drop-in filter and buy a bunch of clear filter cartridges and replace them with various strength NDs...
    Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa" : Komodo ST #389 "TK-421"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    If you make an RF/EF Revolva you've got a customer here. I'd like to keep my Komodo rig nice and small, and internal ND would help a lot with that. Yes, I could get your RF/PL Revolva, but PL lenses are generally really big so that kills the whole small rig thing. (Also I only own EF lenses ATM.)

I wonder if it would be possible to get the Canon adapter with drop-in filter and buy a bunch of clear filter cartridges and replace them with various strength NDs...
    RF/EF Revolva is in the works already. Fixed NDs for the Canon adapter may come too, but it becomes quite a cumbersome solution really with multiple glass filters to manage. A far cry from spinning a wheel to your precise desired stop.
    KipperTie - Authorised RED Rental, Pinewood Studios, UK
    Ready to hire: Monstro 8K VV | Gemini 5K | Helium Monochrome 8K
    Check out our Revolva ND solution, OLPFs and other products

RF/EF Revolva is in the works already. Fixed NDs for the Canon adapter may come too, but it becomes quite a cumbersome solution really with multiple glass filters to manage. A far cry from spinning a wheel to your precise desired stop.
    Woohoo! Is there a place to pre-order?

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa" : Komodo ST #389 "TK-421"

It'll go live on our online store a couple of weeks before shipments begin. We'll make plenty of them, never fear :)

It'll go live on our online store a couple of weeks before shipments begin. We'll make plenty of them, never fear :)
    ballpark price range?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesef o. View Post
    ballpark price range?
    Most likely the same as the RF/PL Revolva https://www.kippertie.com/kt/product/revolva-rf-pl/

I think I posted this some place else, but for sensor protection of for fixed ND there's this option for the EOS R...
    https://shop.stcoptics.com/product/icclipfiltercr/
    I am inclined to order the clear (Sensor Protector) to see if it fits. Otherwise, I'll just use it on my EOS R.
    But it would be fantastic if it fits the Komodo so we can have the option.
    Mostly because I can think of a number of insane scenarios where I'd need to swap lenses in a risky environment and something like this can save the precious sensor!

What do you guys think?

That is, until the Revolva EF-RF arrives...!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

This would be cool for throwing some stocking on behind the lens! I guess it would have to fit in behind the Revolva.

Does anyone know what type of RF - EF adapter is? Pretty basic or quite nicely built? Maybe one of the current coloured version owners?

Cheers