Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Hydrogen Question

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I see both sides of the argument. Those that were so upset that things went the way they did that they sold their phones and felt let down. And those that bought the phones second hand because they actually liked what it was and wanted to continue with the program whatever it turned out to be.

We hopefully can all agree that people that bought cheap 2nd hand hydrogens with the intention ONLY to get a discount is a bit unfair which is why the time of purchase BEFORE the discount was announced is the only real thing to keep track of . But even just that gets messy quick.
    In my case I bought mine the week you shipped the first batch for full price. From the perspective of selling off RED because of let down, I’ve done that... at a loss, think io boards and internal clock batts. I never thought to take the purchaser’s serial for a spot in any line. Any rate all these years in still a customer and through all the growing pains and trying out every other damn camera on the market. I’ve come to the understanding that I want a small powerful image capturing device that doesn’t need a bunch of add ons to deliver. Internal RAW, PRORES, global shutter is great. I’ve found that I’m not fond of rolling shutter, in fact I don’t even notice it on DSMC2 and then switching to EOS R.. WTF is this thing broken....Either way I’m excited, my backpack dream is so close, my only worry is that there will not be enough to meet demand and I get to spend another year looking at pictures instead of taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    ...my only worry is that there will not be enough to meet demand and I get to spend another year looking at pictures instead of taking them.
    Komodo appears to be the answer to all of our backpacking camera dreams!
    Just keep your fingers crossed for the Chinese!
    Obviously, if you want one yesterday, try to get your hands on a Stormtrooper and you'll be shooting happily ever after :)

## Disclaimer: User must not blame the Stormtrooper for missing the shot! ;p
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Komodo appears to be the answer to all of our backpacking camera dreams!
    Just keep your fingers crossed for the Chinese!
    Obviously, if you want one yesterday, try to get your hands on a Stormtrooper and you'll be shooting happily ever after :)

## Disclaimer: User must not blame the Stormtrooper for missing the shot! ;p
    I’d be game for a blacked out storm trooper or say stealth, still upset I missed the stealth coin.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    , my only worry is that there will not be enough to meet demand and I get to spend another year looking at pictures instead of taking them.

"Normal" production will likely be a few months at most after Stormtrooper ( like it usually is ), And Hydrogen folks will be side by side with production with your own priority line so you hopefully don't need to wait an entire year.

More and more an unofficial list line seems to be a good idea for Hydrogen users. Not a preorder line, just a "hey i'm claiming my number line", and we will get to that line first when that normal production starts. We will be able to see pretty quickly if there are 2 owners trying to claim the same serial number and that gives you all time to arm wrestle with each other to see who gets it.

Let us get past this next week coming up as there is so much turbulence in the global production chain we still don't have 100% cost impact visibility and then I'll try and put something together.

"Normal" production will likely be a few months at most after Stormtrooper ( like it usually is ), And Hydrogen folks will be side by side with production with your own priority line so you hopefully don't need to wait an entire year.

More and more an unofficial list line seems to be a good idea for Hydrogen users. Not a preorder line, just a "hey i'm claiming my number line", and we will get to that line first when that normal production starts. We will be able to see pretty quickly if there are 2 owners trying to claim the same serial number and that gives you all time to arm wrestle with each other to see who gets it.

Let us get past this next week coming up as there is so much turbulence in the global production chain we still don't have 100% cost impact visibility and then I'll try and put something together.
    When are stormtroopers coming, I may have missed that too

Not sure I understand the question? It's going to be a bit of a cluster for us even just administering the discount and every variance or "rule" that we add just adds that much more work to comb through.
    My bad.
    Apologies - Comment was a gut reaction to folks purchasing units on eBay (or similar) as spec towards a discounted KOMODO.
    Did not mean to muddy the waters for the rest of us.

So I don't really care about the details... let us just keep it simple and stick it to every serial counts independently. Send us your receipt for the time and one discount per serial number. When a serial number gets used for a discount, it gets crossed of the list. .

Simple. Thank you. Have a nice day. I don't care if its a Houdini or a Titanium or an aluminum that you got for free.

But I can see how that probably will turn into a problem with the 2nd hand market as Ryan just states.. but I don't know if that should really matter and that literally will be impossible for us to police. If you already sold your Hydrogen should you get the discount or should the new owner? I'm not sure which is fair and which falls within the spirit of what we are doing with the discount and I can see some fistfights in the streets starting between original owners and the ones they sold them to over who gets to execute.

Maybe we should get ahead of it all and maybe I should do some sort of private Hydrogen Discount list like we did with the Dragon-X just to get everyone lined up.

Remember.. Stormtroopers are first. This discount doesn't apply to those as those pre-production cameras are way,way more expensive for us to make (and to buy) specially as more and more of our vendors move components away from China $$$ depending on what happens next week.

After we make the Stormtroopers and ship em out and start "normal" production we will split the lines into two, so basically every normal camera that comes off the line goes one to normal sales and one to hydrogen priority customers. It would be good to have the Hydrogen list already mostly sorted so that process is much faster when we get to that point.
    Agreed

Hey everyone - just started an unofficial list: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...-Discount-List

I'll be heading off on a remote shoot for 2 weeks on 14 Feb with very limited internet access. If any kind soul in this community feels like helping me get my name near the top of the list, it would be much appreciated - Robert Hofmeyr, Houdini #0214

Firstly - so excited about adding KOMODO(S) to our toybox. Followed this journey every post.

Second - I think everyone needs some perspective. I have 2 x TI's (both bought at pre-launch phase - 1 on first day and one shortly after that for my shoot team as thought it would be a good 'on-set' tool - it didn't turn out that way but hey that's part of being an early adopter). Not trivialising the cost of these phones, but come on... we bought phones that worked - just not as we hoped/dreamed/guessed. We didn't buy them hoping or expecting a discount on anything - Hydrogen modules or new cameras - at no point did RED/Hydrogen say that the modules would be sold at a discount for those that pre-ordered. Jim/Jarred offered that us 'Hydrogeners' would be looked after, and we are but let's not take the P155... Let's let Jarred concentrate on making KOMODO the best and then doing the same on DSMC3

I also have 2 x AI's that Jim gave us. I have kept all the phones (2 in their box and the other 2 recharged every now and then) but will only use my 2 x TI serials for a discount.

I think it is fair to everyone else & RED to only get the discounts on the ones we paid for. RED is, and always has been, super generous on the upgrade front. Jim Gifted us a free phone. Don't feel that it is Jarred's or RED's responsibility to have to carry the can on a gift. Feel free to shout me down but I value integrity - RED's & Mine. I run my business on the principle of 'Agonisingly Fair' - sometimes it works in your favour, sometime it doesn't but always it should be fair...

If we want more than 2 x KOMODOS (which in time we will) they we will pay for them... that's life, that's agonisingly fair.

I will take the 2 discounts (on the phones I paid for) and be grateful - and if Jarred give us the opportunity to NOT use those discounts to get on a Stormtrooper list (however you get on that list) then I am down for that.

Hydrogen could have sunk any other company but it didn't thanks to Jim - let's not let it be the thing that damages RED or the R&D of other future cameras.

I know others might think different and that's fine.

Steve
    Steve Leavesley
    CEO
    Beyond Content
    RED Epic W 8K - 'El Padrino'
    RED Gemini 5K - 'El Nino de la Noche'
    RED Hydrogen One TI - 'El Hijo' & 'one in a box'
    RED Hydrogen One AI x 2

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    So, you mean that around a week from now you will start opening up a kind of list for pre-orders for those who own a Hydrogen (early adopters)? I understand that the second-hand market questions are a bit of a headache, but aside from that, for those who still own the Hydrogen from the early adoption pre-order period (like myself who ordered one five minutes off the official reveal), will there be a serial number priority so that it's possible to be among the first as we were among the first with Hydrogen? I remember that even though I ordered within five minutes after the reveal, I didn't get any confirmation email directly and the time between order and getting the phone was close to a year.

So how will the priority position be handled? Even among us who are qualified for priority orders on the Komodo after stormtroopers are out, there would be a cue within that group?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600