Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Hydrogen Question

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Montalto View Post
    So glad when Jarred posted Hydrogen would get a discount I hopped on eBay and bought a super cheap one in hopes that this would be the out come.
    I thought about doing the same thing, but most of them on eBay have the serial number in the item description or visible in one of the pictures, so I guess someone could potentially poach the serial number and use it before me even if I owned the phone? Also, it's a bit of a gamble, since there's no way to tell if it was from before the cut-off date.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    The big question: Is the serial number on that Hydrogen one that qualifies for the discount.
    Needs to be a unit sold prior to the module announcement...
    Not sure I understand the question? It's going to be a bit of a cluster for us even just administering the discount and every variance or "rule" that we add just adds that much more work to comb through.

So I don't really care about the details... let us just keep it simple and stick it to every serial counts independently. Send us your receipt for the time and one discount per serial number. When a serial number gets used for a discount, it gets crossed of the list. .

Simple. Thank you. Have a nice day. I don't care if its a Houdini or a Titanium or an aluminum that you got for free.

But I can see how that probably will turn into a problem with the 2nd hand market as Ryan just states.. but I don't know if that should really matter and that literally will be impossible for us to police. If you already sold your Hydrogen should you get the discount or should the new owner? I'm not sure which is fair and which falls within the spirit of what we are doing with the discount and I can see some fistfights in the streets starting between original owners and the ones they sold them to over who gets to execute.

Maybe we should get ahead of it all and maybe I should do some sort of private Hydrogen Discount list like we did with the Dragon-X just to get everyone lined up.

Remember.. Stormtroopers are first. This discount doesn't apply to those as those pre-production cameras are way,way more expensive for us to make (and to buy) specially as more and more of our vendors move components away from China $$$ depending on what happens next week.

After we make the Stormtroopers and ship em out and start "normal" production we will split the lines into two, so basically every normal camera that comes off the line goes one to normal sales and one to hydrogen priority customers. It would be good to have the Hydrogen list already mostly sorted so that process is much faster when we get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Not sure I understand the question? It's going to be a bit of a cluster for us even just administering the discount and every variance or "rule" that we add just adds that much more work to comb through.

So I don't really care about the details... let us just keep it simple and stick it to every serial counts independently. Send us your receipt for the time and one discount per serial number. When a serial number gets used for a discount, it gets crossed of the list. .

Simple. Thank you. Have a nice day. I don't care if its a Houdini or a Titanium or an aluminum that you got for free.

But I can see how that probably will turn into a problem with the 2nd hand market as Ryan just states.. but I don't know if that should really matter and that literally will be impossible for us to police. If you already sold your Hydrogen should you get the discount or should the new owner? I'm not sure which is fair and which falls within the spirit of what we are doing with the discount and I can see some fistfights in the streets starting between original owners and the ones they sold them to over who gets to execute.

Maybe we should get ahead of it all and maybe I should do some sort of private Hydrogen Discount list like we did with the Dragon-X just to get everyone lined up.

Remember.. Stormtroopers are first. This discount doesn't apply to those as those pre-production cameras are way,way more expensive for us to make (and to buy) specially as more and more of our vendors move components away from China $$$ depending on what happens next week.

After we make the Stormtroopers and ship em out and start "normal" production we will split the lines into two, so basically every normal camera that comes off the line goes one to normal sales and one to hydrogen priority customers. It would be good to have the Hydrogen list already mostly sorted so that process is much faster when we get to that point.
    Lets try to nail down the second hand market issue. I can’t see why the person who has possession of the Hydrogen would NOT be able to use the discount. The original owner clearly bailed..... and in this case has not endured the H1. I’d like to have my ducks in a row on day 1, this could be a smooth transition, having RF glass, adapter, ND....H1. Need media and batts and the famous hand grip, must have the handgrip and I personally love the electronic controlled version. I would also love to see a RED slim dual battery pack. I sometimes feel like I’m the only fan of the slim batts, I’ve had great success with the V’s and prefer them to my traditional V mounts. I guess I’m saying I’m looking forward to a small streamlined simple solution.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Lets try to nail down the second hand market issue. I can’t see why the person who has possession of the Hydrogen would NOT be able to use the discount. The original owner clearly bailed..... and in this case has not endured the H1. I’d like to have my ducks in a row on day 1, this could be a smooth transition, having RF glass, adapter, ND....H1. Need media and batts and the famous hand grip, must have the handgrip and I personally love the electronic controlled version. I would also love to see a RED slim dual battery pack. I sometimes feel like I’m the only fan of the slim batts, I’ve had great success with the V’s and prefer them to my traditional V mounts. I guess I’m saying I’m looking forward to a small streamlined simple solution.
    I see both sides of the argument. Those that were so upset that things went the way they did that they sold their phones and felt let down. And those that bought the phones second hand because they actually liked what it was and wanted to continue with the program whatever it turned out to be.

We hopefully can all agree that people that bought cheap 2nd hand hydrogens with the intention ONLY to get a discount is a bit unfair which is why the time of purchase BEFORE the discount was announced is the only real thing to keep track of . But even just that gets messy quick.

It would be good to have the Hydrogen list already mostly sorted so that process is much faster when we get to that point.
    Can I put my name in this list? And are you going to ship according to serial number or delivery date or just go by the order of the list?

Although it makes no difference to me personally, I would think giving the discount to original purchaser would be simpler and equally fair. Otherwise you have to deal with trying to adjudicate disputes over dates of private sales.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Can I put my name in this list? And are you going to ship according to serial number or delivery date or just go by the order of the list?

Although it makes no difference to me personally, I would think giving the discount to original purchaser would be simpler and equally fair. Otherwise you have to deal with trying to adjudicate disputes over dates of private sales.
    Definitely not by serial or delivery date. Just order of order ( or list, if that's what we do ) .

And you can see how this is gonna be a battle.. there has been two opinions in response to the dilema I proposed and those two opinions already directly opposed to each other :)

Definitely not by serial or delivery date. Just order of order ( or list, if that's what we do ) .

And you can see how this is gonna be a battle.. there has been two opinions in response to the dilema I proposed and those two opinions already directly opposed to each other :)
    Yup. Some people will lose out either way, and neither option is obviously the fairest. It's not an easy call. Flip a coin?

I would really appreciate it if the hydrogen discount list was settled prior to launch, also happy to pay a pre-order sum if neccesary.
    In my head that would be less caotic for both RED and the Hydrogen owners.

Might have a solution to that... :)
    But it all depends on who's gonna have to develop the app for said solution! :D
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Here's a third option. Send out an email to everyone who purchased a Hydrogen prior to the cut-off date and give them a couple weeks to respond and have their name added to the list. After that, allow any person in possession of a Hydrogen to claim the discount for their serial (if that serial is not yet on the list). Not entirely fair either, but I think those who purchased a Hydrogen early on, then sold it (likely at a substantial loss) when they realised the project wasn't going to pan out as planned, still had faith at the beginning and deserve the discount. Note that I'm typing this on my Houdini #00214 so this decision really doesn't effect me.