Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 561 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5604
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd T View Post
    Just wondering; Would it be sacrilegious to ask for ATEM camera control compatibility in future builds?

I am working on building out multi-cam live switched productions, and live-to-tape studio build-outs, etc. (ranging from 6 to 12+ cameras) and it would be really nice to have a standardized CCU implementation for managing all of those cameras, especially in the larger configurations.

Now that BMD has implemented CCU functions over Ethernet, SDI, and HDMI ports, I would be love to have wider palette of cameras to work with.

And I would like to see more RED in that palette ;-)
    ..Just spent the day live streaming using a handful of cameras including my 2 DSMC2 cams... +1 on ATEM integration. The Reds are hands down the best-looking picture, plus killer frame rate options, color control, and cameras that can run all day. Love em for live work (at least in these weird times!)

Hi,

Feels like I'm hijacking this Komodo thread a bit here with livestreaming banter but you can currently CCU DSMC1 & DSMC2 cams with FoolControl OsX (hotlink needed for DSMC1). You can rack focus with them too with EF mounts with AF. I think Mikel is working on a multicam version too? DSMC2 are pretty solid with the oSX version over GigE. Having loads of komodo's on remote robo Pan Tilt head rigs no doubt looks waaaay better than multitudes of PTZ cams. I think Datavideo has just released one plus there are other cheaper offerings from Hague etc, these will be great for OB's & live events. Longer lens heavyweights will struggle with these rigs though.

Though yes RED SDI Atem integration would be rad, if even just for talkback. I love using Reds for live multicams. Though at the same time, 2/3" ENG with Servo Lenses that zoom in for miles and miles and miles (figure of speech!) operated by a good cam-op are certainly not going anywhere either IMHO ; )

Craig Lees
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Todd T View Post
    Just wondering; Would it be sacrilegious to ask for ATEM camera control compatibility in future builds?

I am working on building out multi-cam live switched productions, and live-to-tape studio build-outs, etc. (ranging from 6 to 12+ cameras) and it would be really nice to have a standardized CCU implementation for managing all of those cameras, especially in the larger configurations.

Now that BMD has implemented CCU functions over Ethernet, SDI, and HDMI ports, I would be love to have wider palette of cameras to work with.

And I would like to see more RED in that palette ;-)
    THIS. I think this is the world i would be using this camera in a lot too and would love to have switcher control over it.

for those familair with ATEM, is their an sdi version, or does it have to hdmi for all the control features?

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    THIS. I think this is the world i would be using this camera in a lot too and would love to have switcher control over it.

for those familair with ATEM, is their an sdi version, or does it have to hdmi for all the control features?
    I feel that RED would be on board and that it's on BMD to make a move in that direction.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

it would be interesting if the Komodo could talk to the audio mixer/timecode lock box... great help with Multicam action shots and quick playback

are you imagining that it's embedded audio that needed from an Audio Mixer, just to help with the workflow of dailies? Like the hops are built into the actual camera and it just looks for the signal from the Audio Mixer?

if you got SoundDevices to build a transmitter to the Komodo you have all the files in camera, with the backup in the mixer?
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post

with SDI ATEMs, SDI comes to the switch over one cable and a second SDI cable runs the program feed, talkback, tally, and camera control back to the camera.. so the cameras need an "SDI In" to take advantage.. They added the ability to do all that over a single HDMI cable with the Pocket cams and newest mini switchers just this week. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Lees View Post
    Hi,

Feels like I'm hijacking this Komodo thread a bit here with livestreaming banter but you can currently CCU DSMC1 & DSMC2 cams with FoolControl OsX (hotlink needed for DSMC1). You can rack focus with them too with EF mounts with AF. I think Mikel is working on a multicam version too? DSMC2 are pretty solid with the oSX version over GigE. Having loads of komodo's on remote robo Pan Tilt head rigs no doubt looks waaaay better than multitudes of PTZ cams. I think Datavideo has just released one plus there are other cheaper offerings from Hague etc, these will be great for OB's & live events. Longer lens heavyweights will struggle with these rigs though.

Though yes RED SDI Atem integration would be rad, if even just for talkback. I love using Reds for live multicams. Though at the same time, 2/3" ENG with Servo Lenses that zoom in for miles and miles and miles (figure of speech!) operated by a good cam-op are certainly not going anywhere either IMHO ; )

Craig Lees
    UK
    Oh so smart to use FoolControl OSX for remote cam control for multicam stuff.. that makes a lot of sense.. plus the option to go wireless on a small set, especially with the Komodo's external antenna that's gotta be better reliability than the DSMC2 built-in antennas. Cool to hear there might be a multicam version in the works

Anyone else feel like the komodo won't be under $10k?So many great features in it that's making me doubt it will be under 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Solina View Post
    Anyone else feel like the komodo won't be under $10k?So many great features in it that's making me doubt it will be under 10.
    Jarred's been pretty transparent on how the viral pause is effecting the potential final pricing of Komodo through a couple posts. He also has the power to edit the very first post in the thread, which as of now still reads:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    - It is not under $5k, unless you own a Hydrogen.

I'm thinking it's still well under $10K. The only models we know of that will be more than the "mass released model" is the premium those will pay for the early bird all white Stormtrooper bodies, which I personally still think will be under $10K.

But who knows. I know of a couple other manufacturer's cameras that aren't being released this year due to this global event. Very hard to know the full impact on manufacturing and actual final costs industry-wide. In many cases factories where many components through actual assembly of the entire camera system have been closed. It's unclear when some of that world opens back up, but many thus far have planned 2-6 months, which will certainly have a massive impact on new releases.

This isn't mutually exclusive to cameras either. A lot of new tech related things are also hitting some rather hard delays.

In some cases this will benefit final products by having more development time, but in others it's going to weight a heavier toll and likely produce questions about if it's worth releasing the product at all.

Komodo I think is luckily in a different path because it's been announced and under development for a long while before the "pause" and likely component chains all planned out. My quick take is it will still be priced within the general realm of what we thought.

I could be wrong, but I don't want to be wrong in this case.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

6K for $6k has a nice poetic ring to it. Still hoping Komodo lands there or under.