Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 447 of 557 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5561
    Really appreciate this update Jarred! Tremendous work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    We still holding on that for the normal release plus the Hydrogen discount ... just under. Like $10 under. :).

And Normal releae price still holding about 1K above that and miraculously Stormtroopers still holding about 1K above that. As you can imagine everything is a bit of a shit show right now and the only thing that is truly predictable is that this whole world is unfortunately going to get worse before it gets better so just assume that everything will change because it will be a pretty big miracle if we can continue to hold on like we have.

Aaron and our supply chain are doing some pretty phenomenal work right now. Mexico was the best bet ever... we got past a critical hump with some components that could of knocked us out when China shut down. This last week we conquered a ton of obstacles and now we just have a few issues left... A small board from Japan as they just shut down as well as a sensor pause at the plant in California as all of you know that has been shut down as well. I'll be able to give an update on those two later next week hopefully. Luckily we have a nice handful of sensors already in hand for the stormtroopers.

Of course all this is moot if we are not allowed to open our factory again before May. If the California lockdown goes beyond that... I and many of the RED rockstars will be literally assembling cameras and doing QC at home.... something we have done many times before. But again, I don't think we have seen the worst of things in California so the next few weeks are key.. not just for camera building, But for the more obvious important things like keeping people alive.

But yeah.. we still doing our best to keep that 5k, 6k, 7k spread for Komodo. Hydrogen discount doesn't happen till the normal black ones remember so the proper order is more like 7k, 6k+5k.
    Tanks man.
    Take care. Hope everyone at RED and their families are fine.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Jarred shared it via his instagram, but work continues while quarantined:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-GIE14BTYu/

Super cool to see that dedication.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

...Aaron and our supply chain are doing some pretty phenomenal work right now. Mexico was the best bet ever... we got past a critical hump with some components that could of knocked us out when China shut down. This last week we conquered a ton of obstacles and now we just have a few issues left... A small board from Japan as they just shut down as well as a sensor pause at the plant in California as all of you know that has been shut down as well. I'll be able to give an update on those two later next week hopefully. Luckily we have a nice handful of sensors already in hand for the stormtroopers.

Of course all this is moot if we are not allowed to open our factory again before May. If the California lockdown goes beyond that... I and many of the RED rockstars will be literally assembling cameras and doing QC at home.... something we have done many times before. But again, I don't think we have seen the worst of things in California so the next few weeks are key.. not just for camera building, But for the more obvious important things like keeping people alive...
    Stay strong Jarred!
    The efforts and dedication of the Rockstars at RED are not going unnoticed, you are awesome!!!
    What is important right now is that everyone stays healthy and safe!
    It may not be apparent yet, but give it a few days and the quarantine imposed in California will prove how valuable it was to respond quickly and decisively by taking strict measures.
    Greece was quick enough to impose similar lockdown and #stayathome measures and we should have a better indication in 1-2 weeks as to how efficient and effective those were.
    But by the looks of it, we are keeping the curve as flat as possible :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

I and many of the RED rockstars will be literally assembling cameras and doing QC at home.... something we have done many times before.

Pics or it didn't happen. Please take pics if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen. Please take pics if so.
    Well, as Phil mentioned, you can take a peek here:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Jarred shared it via his instagram, but work continues while quarantined:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-GIE14BTYu/

Super cool to see that dedication.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quick question, I own a hydrogen but i never registered online, I checked the website the other day and project is over. Would I be getting the discount when purchasing a Komodo?

We still holding on that for the normal release plus the Hydrogen discount ... just under. Like $10 under. :).

And Normal releae price still holding about 1K above that and miraculously Stormtroopers still holding about 1K above that. As you can imagine everything is a bit of a shit show right now and the only thing that is truly predictable is that this whole world is unfortunately going to get worse before it gets better so just assume that everything will change because it will be a pretty big miracle if we can continue to hold on like we have.

Aaron and our supply chain are doing some pretty phenomenal work right now. Mexico was the best bet ever... we got past a critical hump with some components that could of knocked us out when China shut down. This last week we conquered a ton of obstacles and now we just have a few issues left... A small board from Japan as they just shut down as well as a sensor pause at the plant in California as all of you know that has been shut down as well. I'll be able to give an update on those two later next week hopefully. Luckily we have a nice handful of sensors already in hand for the stormtroopers.

Of course all this is moot if we are not allowed to open our factory again before May. If the California lockdown goes beyond that... I and many of the RED rockstars will be literally assembling cameras and doing QC at home.... something we have done many times before. But again, I don't think we have seen the worst of things in California so the next few weeks are key.. not just for camera building, But for the more obvious important things like keeping people alive.

But yeah.. we still doing our best to keep that 5k, 6k, 7k spread for Komodo. Hydrogen discount doesn't happen till the normal black ones remember so the proper order is more like 7k, 6k+5k.
    Thanks for the update, i agree there are much more important things going on now, hopefully anyone that is working right now is considered essential, especially in CA. The current situation is supposed to get way worse, so if anyone thinks we are going back to work as film makers anytime soon unfortunately they are sadly mistaken. the insider word from the studios and big agencies is that if all goes as well as it can go, maybe there might be some preproduction starting up again this year, but as far as sets, with working crews, we may be a wash. it's just a huge liability for any company, so im personally being sent remote capture concepts from creatives, while right now it's all self created content being negotiated for digital influencers with the biggest corporate clients. But these are the people that run our industry being cautiously optimistic in a no risk business model, they arent the scientists, who are giving no optimism for any aspect of the business world at this time.
    Last edited by jordan levy; 03-29-2020 at 11:37 AM.

GO TEAM RED !!! - Please everybody stay healthy !
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

Thanks for the update Jarred. Your transparency is always appreciated. I would love to come through and help y'all assemble. Beats waiting things out over here with all my jobs postponed indefinitely. Close friends of mine are sick, and some of my friends are now sadly gone. Two of them so far. And their families weren't around to watch them go and even funerals are not going to happen because of the distancing. I've seen enough and feel the effects of the recession. I agree the worst has yet to come.

As much as I wanted a stormtrooper, it is wise for me to wait til the normal black Komodos release. The color will help with reflections when it is finally safe to go back outside and with no jobs lined up I have to be responsible with every extra dollar...

Stay safe folks!!