Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 635 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 6347
  1. #3531  
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur AJ Cooks View Post
    Next May... as in this May, or May 2021???
    I'm assuming he means this may. That would be about "on track" with what Jared has been saying.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #3532  
    Senior Member Bastien Tribalat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cannes area, France
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Ogans View Post
    Where in the current hierarchy of DSMC2 cameras are we anticipating Komodo will fall as it relates to image quality? (e.g., between Raven and Dragon-X, between Dragon-X and Gemini, etc.)
    Jarred said something along the line of the dynamic range being similar to Helium if I'm not mistaken.

    That being said, my bet is somewhere between Raven and Dragon-X 6K IQ-wise. (so if it is really like Helium, I'll be even more over the moon ! :p)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3533  
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Jarred said something along the line of the dynamic range being similar to Helium if I'm not mistaken.

    That being said, my bet is somewhere between Raven and Dragon-X 6K IQ-wise. (so if it is really like Helium, I'll even more over the moon ! :p)
    I've been in the market for a second Raven and a Komodo once released, but if that's the case I may opt to order 2 Komodos instead.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #3534  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hensley View Post
    I'm assuming he means this may. That would be about "on track" with what Jared has been saying.
    Heh heh I wonder what is going on? I have a ton of messages and emails in the last 24 hours saying "they have heard" things.

    " NAB FOR SURE" . " MAY FOR SURE " " CINEGEAR LAUNCH FOR SURE" .

    And let me be the first to tell you.... it's all a bunch of bullshit.

    Unless you hear it from me... every date you hear is just people making shit up.

    Because nobody knows. I've been very transparent with you guys. From all the testing going on that is torturing you all to watch, like I said we have made a few changes. and some of that has already come ( successfully ) and there are 2 more big ones coming out of the oven in the next few weeks. Not sensor or processing related, but big enough that we can't do anything until they are locked in.

    And don't worry.. you will be the first to know.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #3535  
    Man, what is going on with this thread? Be grateful for the information that Jarred gives us - it's a luxury that few other companies offer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #3536  
    Senior Member Bastien Tribalat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cannes area, France
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    Man, what is going on with this thread? Can you just chill about the release date? Be grateful for the information that Jarred gives us - it's a luxury that few other companies offer.
    Dude, everyone is chilled. Or at least I am.
    I got an information, posted it, it's not true, end of story. No harm done.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #3537  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    Man, what is going on with this thread? Can you just chill about the release date? Be grateful for the information that Jarred gives us - it's a luxury that few other companies offer.
    Ha ha it's cool... I know people are just excited. I just want to curb the misinformation, because that only leads to disappointment.

    And just to be clear as I just saw someone say it elsewhere..... This isn't me preparing you all for a delay. Komodo ( as you all can see ) is cruising along very well.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #3538  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh I wonder what is going on? I have a ton of messages and emails in the last 24 hours saying "they have heard" things.

    " NAB FOR SURE" . " MAY FOR SURE " " CINEGEAR LAUNCH FOR SURE" .

    And let me be the first to tell you.... it's all a bunch of bullshit.

    Unless you hear it from me... every date you hear is just people making shit up.

    Because nobody knows. I've been very transparent with you guys. From all the testing going on that is torturing you all to watch, like I said we have made a few changes. and some of that has already come ( successfully ) and there are 2 more big ones coming out of the oven in the next few weeks. Not sensor or processing related, but big enough that we can't do anything until they are locked in.

    And don't worry.. you will be the first to know.
    Congratulations on staying so calm and collected and keeping us informed on the development when it must be so much easier to do development behind closed doors!

    Know that there are a bunch of us that quietly sit and wait for the next tidbit of info, we love it and massively appreciate what you're doing!

    Any word on improved weather sealing/abilities over past Red cameras?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #3539  
    Senior Member Scott Balkum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    161
    LOL

    Everyone including me: When will then be now?
    Jarred: Soon.

    God bless you Spaceballs....
    Red Dragon-x "Big-Skippy"

    www.imaginationx.com

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #3540  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh I wonder what is going on? I have a ton of messages and emails in the last 24 hours saying "they have heard" things.

    " NAB FOR SURE" . " MAY FOR SURE " " CINEGEAR LAUNCH FOR SURE" .

    And let me be the first to tell you.... it's all a bunch of bullshit.

    Unless you hear it from me... every date you hear is just people making shit up.

    Because nobody knows. I've been very transparent with you guys. From all the testing going on that is torturing you all to watch, like I said we have made a few changes. and some of that has already come ( successfully ) and there are 2 more big ones coming out of the oven in the next few weeks. Not sensor or processing related, but big enough that we can't do anything until they are locked in.

    And don't worry.. you will be the first to know.
    Well, im not sure where youre getting your information from, but ive heard definitely NAB 2020.
    Ranger Gemini
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts