Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 635 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 6347
  1. #2511  
    Member olivier harrault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    About 1.3X in 6KFF according to Phil's very pretty format compare page: http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...20Still%203:2&



    No light loss from the EF adapter. Just nicer to use lenses without adapters.
    Thanks :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2512  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn!
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Just in case you didn't see this on Jarred's Instagram
    Two things occur to me looking at that image:

    -How is that monitor connected?
    -I hope RED is making an official handheld accessory package for this with a top handle and a Canon C-Series style comfy handgrip.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #2513  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon Bennett View Post
    Two things occur to me looking at that image:

    -How is that monitor connected?
    -I hope RED is making an official handheld accessory package for this with a top handle and a Canon C-Series style comfy handgrip.
    There's a cable that looks to wrap around underneath the lens and plugs into the side of the monitor we can't see. Just a guess though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #2514  
    Senior Member Aaron Lochert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,158
    Larger photo for y'all

    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #2515  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon Bennett View Post
    Two things occur to me looking at that image:

    -How is that monitor connected?
    -I hope RED is making an official handheld accessory package for this with a top handle and a Canon C-Series style comfy handgrip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    There's a cable that looks to wrap around underneath the lens and plugs into the side of the monitor we can't see. Just a guess though.
    Probably connected to the SDI BNC output on the back.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #2516  
    Senior Member Mendes Nabil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    452
    Do we have the firm confirmation that Komodo will have a fixed mount?
    I don't trust adapters to be honest, especially when using a beautiful, heavy and expensive lens like the Hawk anamorphic zoom..

    As for Nikon lenses, the advantage those have over Canon is in the Zeiss line-up with their manual aperture ring, Cine quality + Cine feature in a still size lens, the perfect combo with Komodo to me..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #2517  
    Senior Member Bob Gundu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    10,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendes Nabil View Post
    Do we have the firm confirmation that Komodo will have a fixed mount?
    I don't trust adapters to be honest, especially when using a beautiful, heavy and expensive lens like the Hawk anamorphic zoom..

    As for Nikon lenses, the advantage those have over Canon is in the Zeiss line-up with their manual aperture ring, Cine quality + Cine feature in a still size lens, the perfect combo with Komodo to me..
    I have adapters for Zmount to PL on my Nikon. They're pretty good. RF to Nikon will be an easy adapter too.
    ___________________________

    VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #2518  
    Senior Member Patrick Tresch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Switzerland, Lausanne
    Posts
    5,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Larger photo for y'all

    That's really small! impressive.
    I wonder if it ever could be a shoulder camera or more a handheld/gimbal camera?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #2519  
    Senior Member Bob Gundu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    10,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    That's really small! impressive.
    I wonder if it ever could be a shoulder camera or more a handheld/gimbal camera?
    Why not? With Global Shutter its totally made for small hand held gimbal.
    ___________________________

    VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #2520  
    Senior Member Patrick Tresch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Switzerland, Lausanne
    Posts
    5,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Why not? With Global Shutter its totally made for small hand held gimbal.

    Excellent for gimbal use or mounted camera. But on a shoulder? It's so tiny you should build more stuff around it to have it on your shoulder, like v-lock battery and an audio and teradek module... (?)
    I'm impressed by the achievement.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts