Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 442 of 531 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5308
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yup. I remember Paypal shutting us down almost immediately when we opened those deposits because they were sure we were a scam as there was so many orders in so little time.
    My wife may have thought so too when i took a $1000 and put it down on an unknown company promising a futuristic camera. I think it worked out okay in the end. :-)

Also, glad to see the excitement around Komodo. Kind of has that vibe from the early days and I can tell you are excited about it. I'm keeping my eyes on this thread very carefully.
    Steve Sherrick

Yup. I remember Paypal shutting us down almost immediately when we opened those deposits because they were sure we were a scam as there was so many orders in so little time.
    Yep, and I remember bugging Kelly, every minute as she reassured me that my failed transactions would not inflict on the reservation number :)

How can it seem so recent... and at the same time also so long ago?
    Attached Images
    Clint Johnson
    http://clintjohnson.com
    Original Owner RED One #351
    Part owner of RED Epic-X

Not to jinx it, but I fear we may have a very different picture of production capacity in Mexico in 3-4 weeks time. Really hoping I'm wrong, but Mexico seems unwilling to believe COVID-19 is real.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ca-but-mexicos

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    Yep, and I remember bugging Kelly, every minute as she reassured me that my failed transactions would not inflict on the reservation number :)
    Same here.
    Everyone thought I was crazy.
    I even called my bank and tried to convince them I was not crazy and that I wanted the transaction to go through!
    Ended up wrestling for quite a while with 3 banks but it was well worth it!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Same here.
    Everyone thought I was crazy.
    I even called my bank and tried to convince them I was not crazy and that I wanted the transaction to go through!
    Ended up wrestling for quite a while with 3 banks but it was well worth it!
    In France, no banks wanted to loan us money for purchasing a Red One even with a solid business plan. We had to wait till 2010 and show some contents shot with the Red One to get our first loan and purchase a complete Red One kit.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

yep! The company I worked for back then was going to get one, but bailed...still have this guy...Its ok, I bought my own RED a few years later and rented it to them, so it worked out ;)

Hahahahahaha

But I got mine.

Very sure it was $1000. Its one of my life marker memories. My hand was shaking when I gave my credit card for the deposit on #182. I had no idea how I was going to pay for the deposit, let alone the whole camera. I just knew it was the future. So, yeah... definitely $1000
    Trevor Meier :: Story & Image
    http://trevormeier.com/
    http://storyspark.ca/

GEMINI #09
    Epic-W, Raven, Epic Dragon
    Proud owner since Red One #182

Reading an article on the Alexa Mini LF just now, this quote stuck out:

On 24 February 2015 Arri announced the original ALEXA MINI. It had the same sensor as the other Alexa cameras but was a shrunken down version of the larger ALEXAs that was meant to be for drones, gimbals and crane use. Little did ARRI know at the time, that the MINI has gone on to become the most widely used of all the ALEXA cameras.
    I can't help but feel the same will happen for Red and the Komodo!