Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 527 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 5264
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert P Eagleton View Post
    Not a bitch just a statement,never heard of your 12 week countdown.
    Heh heh it was a bitchy statement then ;)

All good...

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielB View Post
    You're asking the CEO of RED if his products, his babies, are better than competitors ? Three of these camera makers using off the shelf sensors?

Also better at what ? The C200 at least for now will have better autofocus, is that important to you? Better at balancing on a gimbal ? Better at image motion?

In the right hands all these tools can craft incredible images. You have to be 'better'.

I quoted a post about the dynamic range, so it's probably obvious that I'm asking about DR. DR is measurable so you clearly say which camera have better DR. We know that Komodo is close to Helium, but what "close" means? Maybe Ursa and C200 is close too? For me DR is most important think so I really want to know should I wait for Komodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz Nizielski View Post
    I quoted a post about the dynamic range, so it's probably obvious that I'm asking about DR. DR is measurable so you clearly say which camera have better DR. We know that Komodo is close to Helium, but what "close" means? Maybe Ursa and C200 is close too? For me DR is most important think so I really want to know should I wait for Komodo.
    Jarred already said it's around just under a half stop close. So if we look at DXO Mark measures, which rated Helium at 15.2 stops, Komodo should be around 14.7 stops of DR. In Global Shutter mode.
    (and if we take how RED measures DR on their specs sheet, Helium has "16.5+" stops of DR, so Komodo should be around 16 stops in that case)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    You probably should just give up now.... please. We started the very fragile 12-week Stormtrooper countdown barely 2 weeks ago... so I have no idea what you are already bitching about...
    Does it mean around 10 weeks left to start selling the Stormtrooper version?

Bays commercial was un-descriminating in the heavy handed grade.... Monstro and Helium were pushed to oblivion out of bounds in the grade just as much as the Komodo was... And a lot of the good stuff was taken out because of the helicopter sensitivity at the time so some of the story was missing which was a bit confusing to pretty much everyone. I know it's not what all you pixel peepers were after but that commercial was invaluable to us.. There were no image issues "in the can" and we learned a ton from that shoot from a mechanical perspective with Komodo.
    this is great news..

remaining patient takes a lot of self control when you want something so badly. Jarred - you have created a frenzy and the camera isn't even out yet.

I don't know how many messages I have received saying "man I could really use a komodo for this project I have coming up" ---- thing is, I think that entirely puts into perspective how well designed and thought out this little camera really is. There is definitely a demand for it. I bet the demand will probably grow after its release too. I think its best we just keep shooting with our current cameras for now and sit back until this camera blows everyone away.
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

We started the very fragile 12-week Stormtrooper countdown barely 2 weeks ago
    Sweet, if my calculations are correct and all goes well sounds like Stormtroopers will be ready to go or buy right around my birthday. You got me just what I was hoping for Jarred :D
    Red Raven #001827
    Hydrogen One Houdini #0058
    Canon 5DMKiii
    Canon EOS R
    Rokinon Cine DS Primes
    Digital Sputniks with Pixel Mapping, Hives, Quasars, Litepanels Gemini, Arri 750s
    Dji Ronin, Cloud Mount, Motion Control, Dana Dolly
    https://www.instagram.com/galacticowboy/
    https://www.twitch.tv/galacticowboy

Can we call 10 weeks from today Cinco de Komodo? :)
    www.digitalshakedown.com

EPIC-W + ...
    DIGITAL SHAKEDOWN - CREATIVE MEDIA PRODUCTION

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Kirchhoff View Post
    Can we call 10 weeks from today Cinco de Komodo? :)
    he did say "very fragile" in regards to the 12 week timeline... but that would be epic :)
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    he did say "very fragile" in regards to the 12 week timeline... but that would be epic :)
    ...hehehe
    www.digitalshakedown.com

EPIC-W + ...
    DIGITAL SHAKEDOWN - CREATIVE MEDIA PRODUCTION