Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 392 of 516 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5157
    @Jarred - Can you disclose the resolution of the top screen? Would a detachable "EVF" mirror and magnifying glass work?
    Red Dragon-x "Big-Skippy"

www.imaginationx.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Ironically the same day I had lasik touch-up surgery, about 2 hours later I was greenlit on a project via conference call blind as a moth in an empty Vaseline jar. post surgery Komodo is going to get it's travel legs in 2020. All I can say for now.

But that little monster is going to come with me EVERYWHERE.
    I feel you. Just had cataract surgery myself a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Doubt that. SDI can't pass any info anyway. Any SDI monitor will do the trick. Your phone will be the main conduit, plus the top control panel will have most of the useful tools.
    there's some base Jarred just posted pics of and other ports to send/return data... WIFI? figure that would add connectivity to an SDI monitor

you don't want to touch the camera if it's rigged on a gimbal or crash cam, so being able to control the autofocus and other stuff...

I'm sure we'll learn more
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Just read through nearly 4000 posts to catch up from the beginning. Can’t wait to get my hands on one.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Ironically the same day I had lasik touch-up surgery, about 2 hours later I was greenlit on a project via conference call blind as a moth in an empty Vaseline jar. post surgery Komodo is going to get it's travel legs in 2020. All I can say for now.

But that little monster is going to come with me EVERYWHERE.
    So many DP's this year I know getting eye surgery. It's gotta be so much more stressful when your career depends so deeply on it. Glad you made it out the otherside.

z
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    So many DP's this year I know getting eye surgery. It's gotta be so much more stressful when your career depends so deeply on it. Glad you made it out the otherside.
    Definitely nerve wracking when you make your living with your vision. But it is truly amazing what doctors can do these days.
    My new lens is fully corrected to 20/20 with no astigmatism. Haven’t seen this well since I was a child.

It's gotta be so much more stressful when your career depends so deeply on it.
    I'll say. I just got glasses last year... hoping it's not progressing any further than that.

You are so right on this one Jarred, and I am trying to man up and go get the surgery, well likely multiple ones to take care of the sever Astigmatism and a chronic Cataract :(

Strangely I had Lasik 18 years ago, but about 10 months ago astigmatism increased massively and a sudden prescription change occurred. Lasik has been the plan, but I waited for my vision to stabilize to see if anything else crazy was going to happen. Everything was fuzzy and sparkly. Temporary glasses for the last 4 months while filming made me feel very, very disconnected to the process. Couldn't use an EVF, close focus was way off, had to stay a bit further from the LCD. Plus the subtle difference in the magnification threw off some spatial stuff.

The process was a bit smoother this time around and well worth it, though I'm still dealing with post-op crap like itchy eyes I can't scratch. Left eye is a bit weird at the moment too, but we'll see.

Always a gamble doing this stuff. I don't mind a fine blade, lasers, and few days of torture to keep doing what I love to do.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Anything having to do with our eyes and vision is scary enough, but even more so when it affects our careers.

I had a vitrectomy in my right eye in 2012, because of damage caused by a small hemorrhage about 9-10 months prior(had been undergoing a series of laser treatments for that). I was scared to death about the surgery, but it was done as an outpatient procedure and I was actually awake the entire time(!!!). Never felt a thing and was at my favorite place eating lunch probably 45 minutes afterwards. Of course the vision in my right eye was totally screwed for about a month and I couldn’t fly for about the same amount of time(until the gas bubble they put in your eye completely dissipates). Luckily it all happened during a window when I had a few weeks off the road. I think I only had to have someone do two shoots for me. After the first week or so, I started doing easy shoots again where I could get away with just using my left eye.

It’s amazing what they can do today with modern medicine and techniques. After I completely healed up, I was actually able to partially read the 20/15 line of an eye chart for about a year or so. They never rated my vision better than 20/20 and I wouldn’t have considered my vision 20/15, either, but the fact that I could read some of that line, especially after all of that, I was ecstatic.