Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 511 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 5103
  1. #3791  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    163
    Kooooool!!! And I see camera integration on the phone in the bottom right corner of the screen. Jarred, keep on at it—you guys are striking gold.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #3792  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Sorry to hear about Chinese component delays. Hopefully it does not up the price too much. If you've locked down the discount, can you share the amount? Worst case scenario, are we looking at over $5K?

    Are you going to send out an email to all Hydrogen owners when the list goes live?
    Don't know the price of the camera yet, but the Hydrogen discount is $1000 off of whatever that price turns out to be.

    The global supply chain issues wont change the amount of the Hydrogen discount, it just will likely affect the price of the limited run of pre-launch StormTroopers. As we sit, (and don't quote me or I will ban you :) best case is the stormtrooper costs $900 more, worst case they cost $1400 more if our vendor needs to pull out and move and that would hopefully just add a week to the very fragile 12 week stormtrooper target.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3793  
    If that's the case, I'd better keep both eyes peeled for my chance to order a Stormtrooper!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    ...the very fragile 12 week stormtrooper target.
    Handle with care, whisper it sweet little things and make sure it is not cold at night.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #3794  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    That's what I noticed too!
    Jarred, thanks for this little teaser! :)

    I'm thinking of using 2x the smallest batteries, built in monitor and the Metabones Leica M to RF adapter paired with an apoqualia-g 28mm... Can't get lighter and better balanced than that!
    That apoqualia I just keep ordering more of. That is what we have been testing with all week. Such a bad ass little lens and yes, it doesn't get any smaller than that.

    Careful with the 3rd party smaller batteries.. they need to be able to deliver enough amps and MOST of the small cheap little 2 cell batteries we have tried wont even turn the camera on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #3795  
    Senior Member Michael Lindsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,704
    Careful with the 3rd party smaller batteries.. they need to be able to deliver enough amps and MOST of the small cheap little 2 cell batteries we have tried wont even turn the camera on.
    I think there are some pretty powerful Canon BP batteries out these with d-taps? Could these be used to power a small LCS as well as the camera?

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #3796  
    Senior Member Robert Hofmeyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Don't know the price of the camera yet, but the Hydrogen discount is $1000 off of whatever that price turns out to be.

    The global supply chain issues wont change the amount of the Hydrogen discount, it just will likely affect the price of the limited run of pre-launch StormTroopers. As we sit, (and don't quote me or I will ban you :) best case is the stormtrooper costs $900 more, worst case they cost $1400 more if our vendor needs to pull out and move and that would hopefully just add a week to the very fragile 12 week stormtrooper target.
    I'm quoting you. Please don't ban me.

    Thanks! That's a substantial discount. Really appreciate all the info we are getting - helps me get my ducks in a row.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #3797  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    That apoqualia I just keep ordering more of. That is what we have been testing with all week. Such a bad ass little lens and yes, it doesn't get any smaller than that.

    Careful with the 3rd party smaller batteries.. they need to be able to deliver enough amps and MOST of the small cheap little 2 cell batteries we have tried wont even turn the camera on.
    Damn, those are crazy small... Any thoughts on stealth Komodo?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #3798  
    Senior Member Tim Daust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post


    audio levels are pretty high - you got some music playing in the background ?
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #3799  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    That apoqualia I just keep ordering more of. That is what we have been testing with all week. Such a bad ass little lens and yes, it doesn't get any smaller than that.

    Careful with the 3rd party smaller batteries.. they need to be able to deliver enough amps and MOST of the small cheap little 2 cell batteries we have tried wont even turn the camera on.
    Meybe that's where GDU needs to step in?
    And maybe a team-up with MS Optics to make a native RF Apoqualia with AF in Mil Spec???
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #3800  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    audio levels are pretty high - you got some music playing in the background ?
    the speakers the camera is pointing at that are bigger than the car is probably a good clue :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts