Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 527 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5264
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    GDU, and you guessed it.. not released yet.
    please don't be late with this ;-)

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lindsay View Post
    please don't be late with this ;-)
    Ha ha they are already done.. but don't worry, there will be a ton of accessory options not just by RED and GDU but by a ton of 3rd parties. We are waiting on 3 mechanical changes to come out of the oven right now. I just saw the first one yesterday and it was perfect. Once I get the other 2 , which we should get the first week of February, if they are a lock we will immediately release the mechanical drawings of Komodo to all the registered 3rd parties so everyone can start making stuff.

Ha ha they are already done.. but don't worry, there will be a ton of accessory options not just by RED and GDU but by a ton of 3rd parties. We are waiting on 3 mechanical changes to come out of the oven right now. I just saw the first one yesterday and it was perfect. Once I get the other 2 , which we should get the first week of February, if they are a lock we will immediately release the mechanical drawings of Komodo to all the registered 3rd parties so everyone can start making stuff.
    Great news...! Hopefully someone steps up fast to create a simple super LW base plate that also supports a rock solid PL...

PS we are convinced on LPL and you can just ignore LDS2 if you want and just push /I data through the pins... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Oerbekke View Post
    Rumor roundup by proav
    6K@50fps, 4K@120fps?! I think I've missed 1 of the 337 pages of this thread.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Raymond View Post
    6K@50fps, 4K@120fps?! I think I've missed 1 of the 337 pages of this thread.
    That rumor is wrong as you all know. And a few other things . Hence why it’s called rumor round up. He does a good job of disclaiming that.

The RF mount is here to stay.
    And if the recent Canon announcement is any indication of things to come, they will be focusing entirely on RF lenses with no EF mount lenses scheduled for at least a year.
    https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/n...ket-demands-it - from a quick google search.
    There's still rumours of the upcoming Canon RF cinema camera, but as Jarred already said, they are beat to the punch by the baby Dragon!

If you are planning on getting something compact like the Komodo, then electronic focusing PDAF, electronic Follow Focus or touch-focusing is definitely the way to go. Sadly, the PL mount has a looooooong way to go and as mentioned earlier, the XPL can't do much in that area.

If it helps, I've been using all of my EF and RF lenses, be them Canon L or the newer Sigma Art on almost full time servo focus without fail.
    And among them I count the original 70-200 f2.8 IS EF L which I've owned for nearly two decades. Admittedly it's only been serviced twice in that time, and that was once for a cracked front element and once for a rear contact that broke off . Both times after I loaned it to a friend [facepalm emoji]. Not the focusing mechanism, ever!

I am so glad to be 10000% on board with all the choices made for Komodo!

Again, thank you for all the tantalising teases Jarred, keep 'em coming!!!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

That rumor is wrong as you all know. And a few other things . Hence why it’s called rumor round up. He does a good job of disclaiming that.
    Thanks for the clarification Jarred.

That rumor is wrong as you all know. And a few other things . Hence why its called rumor round up. He does a good job of disclaiming that.
    What part is wrong??
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post

What part is wrong??
    Please be VERY specific

I think Jarred means the max framerate @6k is 48fps not 50fps and nobody knows the max framerate @ 4k yet.