Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 537 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5366
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    There never was going to be Komodo at NAB... I stopped doing product launches at NAB years ago. Might of had one or two there to take a peek at but you can always take a peek if you come see me at the studio.
    oh yes, i know, but reds were at all sorts of other booths for demos, and thought you might be doing a little show and tell in the demo room.
    but ill take you up on the studio visit!

Quote Originally Posted by steve green View Post
    Jarred, is there a 5K max frame rate (maybe 48 fps), or is it the same 40 FPS?
    + On this. 50 fps at 5k hade been great. Anyway some fps extra is always great.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Yep. Most fundamental DPs out there digest Crop Factor in HFOV as that mainly pertains to the width of the format often constrained to the aspect ratio of the given project, which for the most part is a "wider format industry", even 4:3 is wider. This is why I made my tools readout this way.

In the case of "FF35 135 Still Film" it's a 3:2 aspect ratio at maximum format size. And though there have been projects that have shot in 3:2, our main display tech is typically 1.78:1 (16x9) or more cinema focused a possible DCI 1.9:1 aspect ratio.

Andrew, bookmark this:
    formatCompare: Komodo 6K FF vs. FF35 135 3:2 Still Film

And yep, as you can visualize and see, 1.33X HFOV at 6K compared to FF35.

Once RED gets me all of the supported formats and resolutions for Komodo I'll add them to my tools. At the moment Komodo only shows the 6K FF maximum format/resolution (6144x3240). I can predict obviously what's likely going to be in there, but I'm not really into spreading potential bad info if I can avoid it.

Hi Phil, What about the 2k crop factor tho? *edit. Just format compared the CF. Thats hella crop... at 2k. Have you tested that at all or with a speedbooster? Think a SB would make up for a lot of that crop since its all center frame (sharpest part of lens)?

Also: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1892281

Hey Jacob you already all know the frame rates. 6k 40fps, 4k 60fps, 2k 120fps. Or are you asking about something else?
    Will it be able to shoot R3D and Prores simultaneously? That feature literally changed my life when it came to Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Hi Phil, What about the 2k crop factor tho? *edit. Just format compared the CF. Thats hella crop... at 2k. Have you tested that at all or with a speedbooster? Think a SB would make up for a lot of that crop since its all center frame (sharpest part of lens)?

Also: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1892281
    Once you start cropping below 5.5K, Speedboosters are your best friends!
    Though it goes without saying that any additional optics on the way to the sensor will likely compromise IQ. But as we get closer to the centre of the FoV, we get the best out of the glass. (already mentioned)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

New color sighting https://www.instagram.com/p/B9cebySpiOq/ https://www.instagram.com/p/B9ce1K4JFLn/

Edit: not sure why it didn't show the pick but if you click you can see a pink/ orange Komodo
    Last edited by David Groves 1; 03-07-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    Red Raven #001827
    Hydrogen One Houdini #0058
    Canon 5DMKiii
    Canon EOS R
    Rokinon Cine DS Primes
    Digital Sputniks with Pixel Mapping, Hives, Quasars, Litepanels Gemini, Arri 750s
    Dji Ronin, Cloud Mount, Motion Control, Dana Dolly
    https://www.instagram.com/galacticowboy/
    https://www.twitch.tv/galacticowboy

Phil,

Here’s a huge +1 for the Schneider Xenon FF. I think this is one of the more underrated “mid-priced” cinema lenses. The build quality is second to none, the interchangeable mounts are amazing and the clean yet organic character of the glass is so often right where I want to be.

I also really enjoy the Sigmas, especially the speed! But the image is a little too clean for me. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes that is exactly what is needed, but the Xenons have that little extra flare and warmth that always looks like it is there without seeming like I was trying too hard to make it be there if that makes any sense. Haha
    Last edited by Adam Reed; 03-07-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Hey Jacob you already all know the frame rates. 6k 40fps, 4k 60fps, 2k 120fps. Or are you asking about something else?
    i know i may seem greedy for asking specially at this price point but would 4k 12ofps even 4k 100 be possible. I personally use high-speed very often, i wandering if i should just buy a used Raven...

Quote Originally Posted by steve green View Post
    Jarred, is there a 5K max frame rate (maybe 48 fps), or is it the same 40 FPS?
    That's a great question.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

There never was going to be Komodo at NAB... I stopped doing product launches at NAB years ago. Might of had one or two there to take a peek at but you can always take a peek if you come see me at the studio.
    Hey Jarred is that offer for anyone I would most definitely take a trip for a sneak peak.