Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 527 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 5267
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Erickson View Post
    This right here is why I'm most excited about Komodo. The shots from Michael Bay's SB commercial using the Komodo were… disappointing. Let's hope it was a hasty color grade.
    Or it could be the web compression. Be like buyers of stills cameras and assume you haven't seen what the output looks like until you've shot with it yourself or at least seen raw files shot under known conditions.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    This right here is why I'm most excited about Komodo. The shots from Michael Bay's SB commercial using the Komodo were… disappointing. Let's hope it was a hasty color grade.

https://jmp.sh/Z85TpLI
    Bays commercial was un-descriminating in the heavy handed grade.... Monstro and Helium were pushed to oblivion out of bounds in the grade just as much as the Komodo was... And a lot of the good stuff was taken out because of the helicopter sensitivity at the time so some of the story was missing which was a bit confusing to pretty much everyone. I know it's not what all you pixel peepers were after but that commercial was invaluable to us.. There were no image issues "in the can" and we learned a ton from that shoot from a mechanical perspective with Komodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Bays commercial was un-descriminating in the heavy handed grade.... Monstro and Helium were pushed to oblivion out of bounds in the grade just as much as the Komodo was... And a lot of the good stuff was taken out because of the helicopter sensitivity at the time so some of the story was missing which was a bit confusing to pretty much everyone. I know it's not what all you pixel peepers were after but that commercial was invaluable to us.. There were no image issues "in the can" and we learned a ton from that shoot from a mechanical perspective with Komodo.
    All good, thanks for clearing that up! Perhaps I missed a post in this giant thread where you answered this already, but appreciate you repeating if so. I'm sure it gets annoying for all of us to be going on tangential speculation, but we're excited about this project and actively choosing to discuss it rather than buying cameras from other companies that are approaching similar feature sets at cheaper prices. We're here for the RED image, so dynamic range is important. As for pixel peeping, I care less for resolution and more for DR and speed of workflow.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    All good, thanks for clearing that up! Perhaps I missed a post in this giant thread where you answered this already, but appreciate you repeating if so. I'm sure it gets annoying for all of us to be going on tangential speculation, but we're excited about this project and actively choosing to discuss it rather than buying cameras from other companies that are approaching similar feature sets at cheaper prices. We're here for the RED image, so dynamic range is important. As for pixel peeping, I care less for resolution and more for DR and speed of workflow.
    Komodo is inching very close to Helium in terms of dynamic range. There is one considerable difference though... The Komodo has an almost absolute absence of CMOS smear, so in those very extreme contrast situations and high ISOs with the blacks right up against whites the image is much, much more consistent.

Komodo is inching very close to Helium in terms of dynamic range. There is one considerable difference though... The Komodo has an almost absolute absence of CMOS smear, so in those very extreme contrast situations and high ISOs with the blacks right up against whites the image is much, much more consistent.
    is that in consideration of it being a global shutter or is it another factor?
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

This is big for me. Fantastic news!

Would anyone like to hazard a guess for when the full specs will be released? Days? Weeks? Months?

I just hope it isn't like the Hydrogen Ti a day late and dollar short

I have a bad feeling it is going to be 1-2 months.

Amazing news. Liking Komodo more and more.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Great!! DSMC3 feature is looking brighter ;)