Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 374 of 506 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5057
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardy Depenhim View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things. Everything was going smooth - now all of a sudden this thread is turning into people asking for certain serial numbers and pre-production models to the president of the company. Everyone needs to chill out a bit, you are making the rest of us look bad.
    I didnít mean anything by it, Iím just excited and was wondering how you became eligible.

My apologies.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton John McLaughlin View Post
    I didn’t mean anything by it, I’m just excited and was wondering how you became eligible.

My apologies.
    no no no , no harm done. Just being frank with you all. I know everyone is excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Not possible. Y'all gotta ease up on the Hydrogen tie-in requests... I know it still stings for some of you but RED CAMERA has a completely different process. RED CAMERA is already absorbing the discount for you Hydrogen folks, and you will get a priority allocation run ( outside the stormtroopers ) but we can't start matching serial numbers... you'll all just need to get lucky or swap with each other if you want a specific serial number.
    Yep,
    Exactly what I tough, and I'm just happy an thankful for the opportunity on the priority on what ever model or run, and of course the discount.

Will komodo have IPP2 built in?
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini

Happy to be in the priority batch as well and the discount of course comes in handy...

Any serial is fine by me. I ll be glad to swap it to another user if the # assigned is one desired by someone in here! :)

Can't wait to get KOMODO in my hands...
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Is there any information about high iso performance? Does the global shutter give a higher read-out noise level? I'm very curious which iso levels will be usable for run&gun available light stuff that will be viewed mostly online.

I have followed most of this thread and I believe this question is a little premature. Does anyone know what the specs on dynamic range are or will be on this sensor? Curious if this new sensor will break the cap of most smaller sensor cameras of 13 stops.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Winegar View Post
    I have followed most of this thread and I believe this question is a little premature. Does anyone know what the specs on dynamic range are or will be on this sensor? Curious if this new sensor will break the cap of most smaller sensor cameras of 13 stops.
    Yes as we sit, Komodo dynamic range is within half a stop of Helium in both Rolling shutter and Global shutter modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes as we sit, Komodo dynamic range is within half a stop of Helium in both Rolling shutter and Global shutter modes.
    If that implies that there isn't a huge hit on DR for selecting global shutter, even if the global shutter changes where the exposure range sits, that is great news.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunleik Groven View Post
    If that implies that there isn't a huge hit on DR for selecting global shutter, even if the global shutter changes where the exposure range sits, that is great news.
    Yeah there is no discernible difference in range... to the point where we internally are considering not even having the rolling shutter option.