Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 527 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5264
    Happy New Year!!!
    From Greece :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

I purchased an RF 35 1.8 for my EOS R gimbal camera about a year. It hasn’t left the body since. love that little lens. We traveled the world together in 2019. Will be a Great gimbal choice for Komodo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Should be a great gimbal lens, very lightweight and short so smaller CG offset. It is designed to cover DSLR full Frame (36x24) and testing shows that in the center it is as good as sigma art 35 and Canon EF 35mm L lens with slightly lower performance in edge/corner performance. Since Komodo is basically an APS-C size sensor those slight performance degradations should be mitigated as they are outside of the Komodo frame.
    Alkali Digital
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor | UFOlogist

Happy New Year to all. I recently picked up the RF trinity and love all the new lenses. The 15-35 and the 24-70 see the most use. But the 70-200 is always nearby now that it is small enough to snug into my bag. It's a great lens system. Now that i have the trinity the 24-105 f4 sees much less action. But it's there for whenever I wish to travel extra light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    I hope to see GDU come out with Canon RF 35mm Macro f/1.8!

Not sure how it performs on video yet, but his is a very sharp little lens with fantastic Macro capabilities.
    Could be a perfect first lens for the Komodo, especially if Armored by GDU!

What’s also great is that this RF 35 should be the perfect partner for an Isco 36 ;)

Guys, if you're going to quote him on the RF 35, please do what he should've done in the original post and delete the image tags for that massive uneccessary photo of the lens. It's making these pages hard to scroll through.

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    Guys, if you're going to quote him on the RF 35, please do what he should've done in the original post and delete the image tags for that massive uneccessary photo of the lens. It's making these pages hard to scroll through.
    oh boy yes, please.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    --Director Showreel--

I've been staring intently at this image … And all I can think of, is there a similar image of this lens with the body cap (end) off ?

The normal RF fitting/ flange ID etc. is like 54 mm (If I remember rightly), ?

That's a wide ass lens barrel (nice).

Good close look at the knurling (nice and crisp) , did they use broaching or are those key ways molded or stamped, nice threading and use of different materials and surface finishes / coatings etc.

So you can see the image from space... or it's about the right size for a small smart-phone ? (my eye sight ain't what it used to be.).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

I hope to see GDU come out with Canon RF 35mm Macro f/1.8!

Not sure how it performs on video yet, but his is a very sharp little lens with fantastic Macro capabilities.
    Could be a perfect first lens for the Komodo, especially if Armored by GDU!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    Happy now?

Happy now?
    Ketch is the man.

He does what he wants.

Happy now?
    (Faceplam ) you caved … tut tut lol.

It's funny "Peeps" I have known for many years in visual arts and design and photography and film virtually never complain that an image is tooo BIG lol. (That's excluding scenic painters / backdrops back in the day .).

"It's too big! " ~ 'cuz internet.

I'm serious about the flange... Will poke about

It took all my strength and will for normalcy and conformity to not repost Lee Saxon's comment with the giant image ... "You mean like this ??? Don't do this ? "...

@Lee S and @Ketch R you guys are the best. [big hugs]. Hoping 2020 is gonna be BIG for all of us !
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)