Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 668 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6679
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wojnar View Post
    Having never worked with Komodo footage, and not having worked with Red footage very much... I love my bmpcc 4k. It's everything I need in a camera, with a super fast and intuitive workflow. I think the colours are great. But no matter how good the footage looks in the end, there's always the first impression with the client when they ask what you're shooting on. Once you deliver the footage, or the final content, they're happy—but there's always the first impression. "We're paying you what to shoot with that?"

So I'm picking up my Komodo this morning, and I'm sure the RED workflow, global shutter, 6k, etc. will be a big step forward for me :)
    Not sure if a little cube shaped camera will leave a better first impression than a camera looking like what ever a BMPC camera looks like.

I think compared to most cameras clients have seen they both look like toys.

What you need is a LF studio with a Optimo zoom all mounted on a big Fisher dolly and a lot of people running around.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Will KOMODO be capable of powering a helium sensor? Would that be something in the future perhaps? Read an interview where VV fornat and Komodo was said to be years down the line, if ever, but not impossible.

So what's the likeliness I can count on a helium or equivalent in that bad boy.

Asking as a helium sensor owner and high resolution advocate
    "As long as I can remember I feel I have had this great creative and spiritual force within me that is greater than faith, greater than ambition, greater than confidence, greater than determination, greater than vision. It is all these combined. My brain becomes magnetized with this dominating force which I hold in my hand."

— Bruce Lee

Weapon Monstro #0218
    Weapon Helium #0137

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Not sure if a little cube shaped camera will leave a better first impression than a camera looking like what ever a BMPC camera looks like.

I think compared to most cameras clients have seen they both look like toys.

What you need is a LF studio with a Optimo zoom all mounted on a big Fisher dolly and a lot of people running around.
    In my experience and in my world (action sports) I don't mean what the camera looks like—I mean that it says RED on it. Most of my clients and prospective clients know the RED brand name, and they want the RED brand name. So even if the Blackmagic shot just as good an image, they don't know that till I've delivered the footage... which might be too late.
    []peterwojnar.com // Komodo

But no matter how good the footage looks in the end, there's always the first impression with the client when they ask what you're shooting on. Once you deliver the footage, or the final content, they're happy—but there's always the first impression.
    If there's one thing film clients don't understand, it's film

Elena Braceras (Shot on RED Komodo)

By
    MrCobas

"Elena Braceras (Nina) is the oldest person in my family. Here is a video that my great grandchildren can watch to try and understand her perspective 100 years from now. She reads a journal entry from back when she was alone in Miami after coming to the US because of the Cuban Revolution."

Its also the first video I shot with the RED Komodo :)

RED Komodo
    Sigma 18-25 ART 1.8
    Atomos Ninja V (SDI Module)
    RODE Wireless Go
    MOVO VXR10

RED Komodo 6K x Fewjar

By Lars Goldbach - DP

Akuna - Telepatia (Official Video) Directed By Daniel Shaw (Shot on RED KOMODO)

By Daniel Shaw

RED Komodo vs ARRI Alexa Mini vs Canon C300 mkiii

By
    Justin Phillip

Owner’s Gone

By Victor Ingles

RED KOMODO
    Arri Ultra Primes

In my experience and in my world (action sports) I don't mean what the camera looks like—I mean that it says RED on it. Most of my clients and prospective clients know the RED brand name, and they want the RED brand name. So even if the Blackmagic shot just as good an image, they don't know that till I've delivered the footage... which might be too late.
    In the small to medium productions, same thing. Having RED gear has 100% helped us to gain clients.
    Scarlet-X 02987 *** Epic-M 00112 *** Komodo XXXXX
    Creative Director for Radiance Film & Digital Cinema 365