Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 557 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 5563
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Edwards View Post
    ill have the tekashi 6ix9ine one there lol

Christian,

HaHaHaHaHaHa, he needs to choose one color and stay with just that one.

All this is going way too far.
    And i thought petrolheads would be the only ones caring about colors & patterns so much

Sorry for a stupid question but is anyone knows 120 fps will be in crop or scaled form 6K to 2K

thx
    " Speed needed for catching fleas "

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Here's a Camo version

Super cool Rand!

Hi!

I wanted to introduce myself to the thread as I'm new here and have been following this Komodo thread since it started! I am a film student at Elon University and also have a small production company. Owning a Red has been my dream ever since I got started years ago.

It is amazing to see all the hard work and dedication the Red team has been putting into this camera and everything they do. Red has inspired me to work harder and think creatively throughout my entire career. At the end of the day, a camera is a tool we use to create; I believe the best camera is one that allows the filmmaker not to be limited, produce stunning imagery, and be at his/her most creative. Red has given us this the whole time. Thank you to the entire Red team for inspiring us, and allowing us to turn our dreams into reality.

The Komodo will hopefully be my first Red (if I can still afford it lol), and then I can finally say I am a Red user. Thank you Jarred for your leadership, dedication, hard work, and keeping this extremelyyy long thread alive hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Torrie View Post
    Super cool Rand!
    Thank you Jeremy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Keen View Post
    Sorry for a stupid question but is anyone knows 120 fps will be in crop or scaled form 6K to 2K

thx
    To my understanding, it will be cropped.
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

A question that hurts to think about, but necessary, have any drop tests been preformed? What is the drop height?
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Really dig the Gunmetal and Hydrogen TI, would kill for a Forged Carbon, yet that may place it out of spec Komodo class camera. Jarred what level would you say auto focus is at with Komodo at this stage, have you passed Panasonic so to speak? The Black Komodo can we speak about that, any plans on anything other than Aluminum? I'm still interested in what you are cooking up @GDU for Komodo, mounts, baseplates and so on? Will there be a production kit and has the official process for H1 discount been put in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Jadot View Post
    A question that hurts to think about, but necessary, have any drop tests been preformed? What is the drop height?
    I won't be dropping mine, knock on wood, but Jarred has mentioned a bunch and it's plain to see Komodo has been built to take a beating. More than likely your lens will snap off and batteries will bounce out. Media will be contained in the body as there is a door there, which is a big thumbs up from me.

One unspoken good thing about REDCODE RAW is generally if the camera loses power for some reason your R3D take usually records and creates a good end of file. I've seen that happen over the years due to cranes and junk pulling power and shockingly the takes are there.

I suspect we'll see this camera being used as a crash cam/stunt cam a bunch honestly. That somewhat breaks my heart, but you know, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon