Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 562 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 5613
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Cornet View Post
    any underwater housing for Komodo in the work already? One of the main reasons I'm getting it :)
    I've done some prelimimary work on Komodo housing. AquaVideo made the first housing for the REDONE in 3 (long) days with serial number 8 - so it will be a very short time from receipt of camera for shippable housings. Quickest (and least expensive) will be the PVC versions. Aluminum a little while after - since there is more work involved and also has to be shipped out for Hardcoat anodizing.

There's no real disadvantage with PVC housing other than possible heat buildup but that can be mitigated in several ways. Do any of the users have info on how much heat generated by Komodo versus other RED camera? Do we know how many watts the camera draws?

Due to the height being only 4 inches versus almost 6 inches for DSMC cameras it is possible to make extremely small housings (and we can make custom for special applications) but we still need to accommodate a monitor and some of the longer batteries for the standard versions.. It looks like the most reasonable fit is an 8" outside diameter housing and a length that would give a total displacement of 25-27 pounds (versus 35 to 45 for typical DSMC housings.) Displacement is how much the camera/housing will need to weigh to be neutrally buoyant - i.e. doesn't sink or rise - which is how you normally want it.

One of the advantages of the PVC besides cost and travel weight is that they generally are a little positively buoyant so they use a lead weight to achieve neutral bouyancy OR more importantly you can add lights and still achieve neutral buoyancy without any cumbersome buoyancy arms or floats. Aluminum housings -especially as they get smaller - generally are either neutral or negative by themselves so when adding lights you need the larger buoyancy arms or floats which make it harder to push through water and less stable.

The mid-twenties weight/displacement is kind of the holy grail for a professional housing as it is still easy to handle on land or getting it in and out of the water - yet has enough mass to get smooth/stable shots that are much harder to achieve with really small housings.

We are estimating price at $2890-$3500 for PVC and $4800 to $5800 for aluminum.

Although I bought two Hydrogens we didn't get on the list for early purchase since things are pretty slow with the pandemic and we also want to make sure the camera is the final physical version.

Although we have a Haas VF1 CNC, as the cameras got smaller there hasn't been much advantage over our traditional cylindrical style housings so not really a CAD/CAM based design, so we actually need to work with an actual camera during construction.

I will reach out to Jarred to see where we could be on the shipping pecking order. But if Jarred or anyone else has a non working camera they could donate or sell cheap that I can use to make the housings, that would be great or if one of you early purchasers want to loan a camera for the first housing we can provide a nice discount.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh no... Only 1 person kinda knew they were getting one because I made the color after them after talking about it on a group zoom call , but they nor anyone else on the list knew this was gonna drop Saturday and everyone that was chosen emailed Saturday after I posted.

Lots of familiar names in the first batch.. the vast majority of this round are fellow super active Redusers so you can hopefully expect a lot of sharing at the end of the month.
    I was unfortunately dealing with the recovery of my wife after getting a huge mass removed from her chest (turns out it's not cancer - yay!), so I couldn't help to melt down the email box... next batch for sure though!!!
    Can't wait to get my hands on my 10th (maybe 14th if you count upgrades...) RED camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh no... Only 1 person kinda knew they were getting one because I made the color after them after talking about it on a group zoom call , but they nor anyone else on the list knew this was gonna drop Saturday and everyone that was chosen emailed Saturday after I posted.
    The color of awareness :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post

I will reach out to Jarred to see where we could be on the shipping pecking order. But if Jarred or anyone else has a non working camera they could donate or sell cheap that I can use to make the housings, that would be great or if one of you early purchasers want to loan a camera for the first housing we can provide a nice discount.
    Michael,

There are some 3d printed Komodo models running around, perhaps someone will pipe up and offer one to get your housing started.
    I'm interested to see what you come up with as a UW housing would be very useful to me.

Curtis
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k (Spanky)
    Komodo 6k (baby)
    Sigma Cinema zoom set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set
    Various other strange or vintage lenses

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis boggs View Post
    Michael,

There are some 3d printed Komodo models running around, perhaps someone will pipe up and offer one to get your housing started.
    I'm interested to see what you come up with as a UW housing would be very useful to me.

Curtis

Yes Michael, the 3d Printable file is available for free. here is the link

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4147456
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente Nogueira View Post
    Björn, very nice app. Congrats!

However, I am trying to find out if the Komodo will have IBIS (in-body image stabilization).

Cheers,

VPN
    Then it its done and locked in camera you are not shooting raw any more. The way red does it is that they add the rotational data into the r3d per frame. Then when played back that data can be applied together with the lens data to stabilize the image. However the quality of the the gyro data in the DSMC cameras have been very low frequency and simply not so good. So hopes are that komodo has better gyro / gyro recording.

It would then be very easy to just select stabilize in the NLE and the clip would be rock steady. And you could also have sliders for more / less and in high frequency / low frequenzy etc.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Then it its done and locked in camera you are not shooting raw any more. The way red does it is that they add the rotational data into the r3d per frame. Then when played back that data can be applied together with the lens data to stabilize the image. However the quality of the the gyro data in the DSMC cameras have been very low frequency and simply not so good. So hopes are that komodo has better gyro / gyro recording.

It would then be very easy to just select stabilize in the NLE and the clip would be rock steady. And you could also have sliders for more / less and in high frequency / low frequenzy etc.
    Given its design intent as an action cam, maybe the gyro data will be better than earlier models. Let’s hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    I've done some preliminary work on Komodo housing. AquaVideo made the first housing for the REDONE in 3 (long) days with serial number 8 - so it will be a very short time from receipt of camera for shippable housings. Quickest (and least expensive) will be the PVC versions. Aluminum a little while after - since there is more work involved and also has to be shipped out for Hardcoat anodizing.
    We are estimating price at $2890-$3500 for PVC and $4800 to $5800 for aluminum.

... we also want to make sure the camera is the final physical version.

Although we have a Haas VF1 CNC, as the cameras got smaller there hasn't been much advantage over our traditional cylindrical style housings so not really a CAD/CAM based design, so we actually need to work with an actual camera during construction.
    That's good to hear Michael!
    I'm in for a PVC version as it might be easier to ship to Greece. I am guessing flights in and out of the US will be limited by the time the Stormtroopers and your Housings are available.
    As Tim mentioned, there's a 3D model available, which is based off of these dimensional drawings which appear to be the final ones. http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ional-Drawings
    I've been playing around with a modified version of it.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Doesn’t it feel like post 5000 should unlock something fun? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Maier View Post
    Doesn’t it feel like post 5000 should unlock something fun? :)
    Let’s try.
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0