Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 473 of 611 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6104
    Augmented Reality eyewear:

Facebook are proactively trying to workout what Apple are pumping R&D funds into .. and bulk buy their produce at the moment.

Hopefully Google, Apple, Facebook or another enterprising company (Microsoft?) will get a high res MicroLED product out before 2023(?).

Perhaps the H/W market needs killer sustainable software, and the software side need a solid piece of AR hardware to exist before they commit?

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    My suggestion was to offer a cradle to cradle extension cable to facilitate other mounting locations. It should have several 1/4-20 threaded holes to interface with Noga arms, etc. Not too different than DSMC2 LCD/EVF ADAPTOR B in concept/design. I have no idea if anything like I'm suggesting is feasible, but as a longtime CamOp I can't stress enough how important it is to be able to position the EVF/LCD/Phone exactly where you need it.
    Agreed. I'm sure if Red doesn't make this, companies like wooden camera will quickly fill the gap.

as a longtime CamOp I can't stress enough how important it is to be able to position the EVF/LCD/Phone exactly where you need it.

Cheers - #19
    So true.
    Ranger Gemini

Quote Originally Posted by paulcurtis View Post
    This is a really great idea, neatly ties in with other things like keeping touch elements away from the main feed preview area! Implemented the visualization of that in the new UI video

P.S.: The discussion of all things UI & UX is here

Zeiss had a head mounted display (HMD) on the market years ago, not sure if they have been updating that product. FWIW, if anyone is going to make an HMD for CamOps, I'd suggest the camera image only be sent to one eye so your other eye is free to keep track of the physical environment. Early in my career I trained myself to keep both eyes open when shooting with an EVF so I could anticipate where to be, where to have critical focus and when to start adjusting the framing based on the blocking, perspective, etc. (Side note: if I am at all concerned about a focus buzz, I just close my left eye to peer more carefully at the camera feed for a second.)

Thanks to the cell phone industry, much of the tech required to make a high quality, hi PPI, lightweight, power efficient HMD has become available at commodity level pricing. Moreover, there is plenty of engineering going on to create next generation HMDs for AR/MR/VR applications. Sure seems like a perfect time for someone to develop an HMD for imaging work. For starters, using an HMD with a phone camera would facilitate all kinds of interesting angles while maintaining a clear view of the frame...

Cheers - #19
    Here's me with my head mounted display in 1988 shooting a horror feature called "Night Feeder". I made my HMD using parts from a welding helmet and harmonica holder, etc., which mounted my viewfinder at my eye and allowed my camera to be elsewhere. I've been planning on doing something similar with my Helium and EVF, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Komodo as well...
    Attached Images
    Paul Kalbach

RED Weapon-Helium#4580, RedOne-MX #1693, RedOne-MX #10062

www.ArtichokePro.com
    www.RedZephyrCam.com

New video shot on Komodo from SNL and Jarred. Jarred posted this on his Instagram and I wanted to share in here! I can’t wait for the release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW56CL0pk0g&t=14s

Quote Originally Posted by Connor Thomas View Post
    New video shot on Komodo from SNL and Jarred. Jarred posted this on his Instagram and I wanted to share in here! I can’t wait for the release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW56CL0pk0g&t=14s
    Thread is here.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...by-Jarred-Land

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

KINEFINITY camera just landed lol

So... The Suicide Squad to be the first feature film to use the Komodo then ?
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Arvydas View Post

KINEFINITY camera just landed lol
    It’s impressive...just need to see footage...media costs are much lower as well
    James Bridges
    Scarlet #651 "Maggie"
    www.typeamedia.com