Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 574 of 610 FirstFirst ... 74474524564570571572573574575576577578584 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 6093
    I imagine they will be in short supply for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Tsering View Post
    There is no way to physically hardwire the connection.At that point just connect the SDI to a solid monitor. The iPad is a good display but over wifi you're never gonna get an image that is truly comparable to the actual image due to limitations of streaming and the crazy bitrate the cameras record at.
    Sometimes in a pinch i wouldn't mind living with lag and decreased reliability (thinking more about using a phone when on personal travel). But one thing though - is there no focus peaking via app/wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    stuff
    That rolloff is really something.
    Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa" : Komodo ST #389 "TK-421"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    *edit, yes I reflected light to illuminate my nose hair with the sun flare. These are pandemic inspired solutions while I doddle around with loaves of bread on my feet.
    1) Epic nose hair! It shows your dedication to not worry about those details
    2) With that red eye on your left eye, I'm wondering if you're a Replicant now
    3) Your picture (and bokeh stills you've shown before) highlight (see what I did there.. highlight) the second biggest reason for me to get this camera (and consider DSMC3 if it's the same) - the highlight rolloff. Komodo's size, global shutter, price, etc. are all amazing. But it seems like Red may have cracked the highlight rolloff weakness that Red's have always had, and that have kept me returning to shooting on an Alexa for a lot of projects. Komodo might be the start of me using Red much more often, just on that basis. Another reason I'm now chomping at the bit to get one in hand and start shooting.
    Epic-W #376 (stolen)

So just to clarify Phil, the OLPF is glued on to the sensor?

Thank you for your great content... with all else.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    That rolloff is really something.
    Behind the scenes beyond REDuser I've been helping a lot of recently blessed Komodo owners and upcoming owners with various bits of info about the camera and general gearing up advice. It's been interesting because the range of image makers is truly broad in terms of experience levels, but what is totally true is Komodo is new to all.

I've been sharing some of my journey, but it's going to be fun as people discover some of the additional goodness.

There's a clip on FB of somebody using RED CONTROL via WiFi who's operating the camera from an Apple iPad Mini because the latency is spooky low for instance. I hinted at that, but people are going to unlock stuff like that, Autofocus, etc. And we're still in moderately early days with this evolving.

I'm an image quality first sort of fellow, most of my concerns relate to that and general usability. The dude on roller blades skating with the camera is a bit of a different use case, but that's just hinting at how small the thing is.

But yeah, to that point, the camera has a very nice feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd G. Peterson View Post
    1) Epic nose hair! It shows your dedication to not worry about those details
    2) With that red eye on your left eye, I'm wondering if you're a Replicant now
    3) Your picture (and bokeh stills you've shown before) highlight (see what I did there.. highlight) the second biggest reason for me to get this camera (and consider DSMC3 if it's the same) - the highlight rolloff. Komodo's size, global shutter, price, etc. are all amazing. But it seems like Red may have cracked the highlight rolloff weakness that Red's have always had, and that have kept me returning to shooting on an Alexa for a lot of projects. Komodo might be the start of me using Red much more often, just on that basis. Another reason I'm now chomping at the bit to get one in hand and start shooting.
    I can merely ask if you like our owl.

It will all be clearer soon as to what the sum of all Komodo's mysterious parts lead up to. But the one thing I'll say safely, which seems to be rather HOT topic on the internet this week, I've rolled 16 hours straight with Komodo without it melting nor closing it's eyes and being rather turned off by me. I flip the switch, camera comes on after I saw a 20 second poem, then I'm working. The other surreal oddity is filming an entire day on battery. Don't recall doing that outside of block battery anytime recently. Don't think I'd recommend just having one brick with you. Often I go out with 2 150Wh or 4X 98Wh. I lent out all my BPs this week to new Komodo peeps because I have battery plates here while their batts fly in from all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    So just to clarify Phil, the OLPF is glued on to the sensor?

Thank you for your great content... with all else.
    I don't believe it's glued and though I have wanted to take it apart, I haven't had the need yet. I do believe it's fixed via rigid hardware mounting, likely creating some sort of vacuum seal (I should ask Jarred about that) as it appears that dust doesn't get in behind it so far, and is certainly not user replaceable as it's behind the flocking material in the sensor box.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Last edited by rand thompson; 07-31-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Got Komodo ST 243 today! Going to try to get it mounted up to a car for some nighttime mountain driving if all goes to plan.

Here are some photos of it for now from each side for anyone interested.

QD weapon sling mounts work very well on a small camera like this. Should work even better mounted on the side to the Timmy ribs once those arrive.
    Last edited by andrewhake; 07-31-2020 at 08:20 PM.

wow ferro concepts slingster :)
    white looks so damn hot!

What version of REDCINE-X Pro are people using? With 52.1.49582 I can play Komodo footage just fine, but not with GPU disabled. With GPU disabled, even 1/16 is a stuggle. Phil Holland was saying that you could play back Komodo footage with GPU disabled because it was DCT and thus could decode with just the CPU.
    Epic-W #376 (stolen)