Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 444 of 504 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 5035
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    It won't. ;-) The Komodo looks like it's going to be yet another winner. It will probably be far superior to any hybrid camera (DSLR/DSLM), present or future. For a year or two, at the least. It will cannibalise sales from more expensive DSMC2 cameras, but RED would rather cannibalise itself than let others do so.
    I see Komodo getting Red into an entirely new market that can't afford DSMC2's or Rangers. I don't see it eating in to the high end crewed production market that need Ranger / DSMC2 class features for efficiency and standardized work flows on set. Those guys as a couple have already pointed out will buy Komodo for what it was designed for, a complementary B-cam that can live on a drone or gimbal setup for moving shots. As has been shown, Komodos will be the expendable crash cam. Time savings on set not needing to tear down and reconfigure a DSMC for drone or car mount work will more than pay for them. Might see more people moving to Ranger/Komodo combos over DSMC2's.

For us little guys, Komodo finally gets us Red IQ, color science, and workflow in an under $10k (potentially) working package.

The next step up the line is still $20-25k+ for a decent basic working package. Very different market if one expects for the gear to pay for itself in a fairly short time frame.

2. #4432 RED Komodo 
    I used my RED GEMINI over the weekend as a run and gun. I absolutely love the camera. Thankful for RED and what they do! I definitely got a work out on the biceps after 3 hours :), so I am really looking forward to how the smaller lighter Komodo will feel.
    GEMINI S35
    Phoenix, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    I see Komodo getting Red into an entirely new market that can't afford DSMC2's or Rangers. I don't see it eating in to the high end crewed production market that need Ranger / DSMC2 class features for efficiency and standardized work flows on set. Those guys as a couple have already pointed out will buy Komodo for what it was designed for, a complementary B-cam that can live on a drone or gimbal setup for moving shots. As has been shown, Komodos will be the expendable crash cam. Time savings on set not needing to tear down and reconfigure a DSMC for drone or car mount work will more than pay for them. Might see more people moving to Ranger/Komodo combos over DSMC2's.

For us little guys, Komodo finally gets us Red IQ, color science, and workflow in an under $10k (potentially) working package.

The next step up the line is still $20-25k+ for a decent basic working package. Very different market if one expects for the gear to pay for itself in a fairly short time frame.
    The Raven did that too, had higher frame rates too.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    Raven required a complement of expensive RED accessories to make a functional package. Komodo doesn't. Seems like most used Raven packages I have seen for sale have been well over $10K.
    Komodo plus a smartphone or low end small HD monitor, a couple of BP batteries, C-fast media and a lens or two of choice is all Komodo needs to work. All of that can be had for less than the cost of a DSMC touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Raven required a complement of expensive RED accessories to make a functional package. Komodo doesn't. Seems like most used Raven packages I have seen for sale have been well over $10K.
    Komodo plus a smartphone or low end small HD monitor, a couple of BP batteries, C-fast media and a lens or two of choice is all Komodo needs to work. All of that can be had for less than the cost of a DSMC touchscreen.
    i was saying that Raven brought in a entirely new market of people that couldnt afford the highend cameras, which it did.

If storm troopers do ship in May (just as a benchmark), when will regular plebs be able to buy a regular Komodo? How long am I realistically waiting? Only looking for broad guesses here. I know nobody knows hard dates.

The raven has a smaller sensor.
    I believe that at 5K we will have a similar sensor crop to the Raven full sensor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Hey Jacob you already all know the frame rates. 6k 40fps, 4k 60fps, 2k 120fps....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Erickson View Post
    If storm troopers do ship in May (just as a benchmark), when will regular plebs be able to buy a regular Komodo? How long am I realistically waiting? Only looking for broad guesses here. I know nobody knows hard dates.
    Probably a month or two later than the Stormtroopers, if there's no more surprises.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

i was saying that Raven brought in a entirely new market of people that couldnt afford the highend cameras, which it did.
    No doubt it did. Still remained tantalizingly just out of reach for many of us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    The raven has a smaller sensor.
    I believe that at 5K we will have a similar sensor crop to the Raven full sensor.
    And I recall that at 4K we can have 100 or 120fps or something similar.
    60fps at 4K on Komodo is the latest spec we got.

EDIT : fixed.
    Last edited by Bastien Tribalat; 03-25-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    60fps at 4K on Komodo is the latest spec we got.
    You are right, fixed it and quoted Jarred's original post for anyone who might come across it.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser