Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 505 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5043
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Nah, negative, I am a:
    This is the perfect response... Especially after seeing the Lilou Orange Komodo for Lana Wachowski!

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    How processor-intensive would a face tracking software implementation be?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Komodo will demolish a Sigma FP right? I mean is that a given or...?

The FP is for a completely different use, but the short answer is YES!
    At least for the following reasons:
    Build quality
    R3D
    Reliability
    Global shutter
    RF mount
    CFast 2.0
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    The FP is for a completely different use, but the short answer is YES!
    At least for the following reasons:
    Build quality
    R3D
    Reliability
    Global shutter
    RF mount
    CFast 2.0
    And dynamic range. (at least every bit of footage I saw from the FP seems to be around 13-ish stops of DR max and we expect Komodo to be around 15)
    But the FP is a good camera in its own right and the director's viewfinder mode looks awesome, at least to me.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Colton John McLaughlin View Post
    This is the one in question I believe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8W7yBDB..._web_copy_link

Phase, Flow, Focus, Count...?
    Don't think so; Jarred has already talked about that one. That's the raw data coming through the RF mount for PDAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Komodo will demolish a Sigma FP right? I mean is that a given or...?
    If you smash them into each other? hmmm. Sounds like a fun test.

Just to sort of tackle many of your questions going way back Andrew as you do a lot of "is this going to be better or smash that", which is fine.

What very much separates Digital Cinema Cameras from everything else, luckily still, is the entirety of the ecosystem as well as the emphasis on image quality.

Jim isn't around much these days, but he mentioned that pixel design was extremely important moving forward, and he's not wrong.

There are cameras out there that can see very much into the darkness, but don't have "a lot of color" for instance. And typically for most discerning creative professionals you would choose better color over low light sensitivity on a daily basis unless you absolutely needed it for a specific project. Bit depth, still really important. Codec, still very important. General camera workflow on set and off, importnat.

To the low light topic, interestingly in the RED world they've done their best to give us the ability to swap out the OLPF/Color Science Filters to enable cleaner Low Light filming versus say the best possible color you can get. Which is why my A-Cam commercially and narrative runs the Skin Tone Highlight OLPF or Standard OLPF. I honestly haven't used the LLO in a very, very long time with how good the Standard is.

Oddly I tried to design a better OLPF some time ago, but it still came at the cost of light sensitivity or ballooned into a mid-$,$$$ accessory.

It's hard in these times, but even some of the YouTube personalities who have been comparing cinema cameras to other cameras, often for clickbait purposes, are now highlighting the minutiae that still separates a $,$$$ camera from a $$,$$$ one. Much like all of our journey's in filmmaking this comes as their skills and understanding of image quality and workflow grows. There was a time when everybody in the world thought the 5D Mark II was the best camera ever, and heck I used it and loved it!. But it's rolling shutter, thin dynamic range, recording limits, not-so-ideal for motion picture form factor, artifacts, pixel binning, and barely resolving 700 lines even in a 1080 image was lacking hard core. Yet it was an extremely popular camera, but there were far better solutions even in that era, of course at a cost. In that case $,$$$ lowToMid pricing tier to mid and higher $$,$$$ tiers.

Same stuff happening today really, but just everything is getting better and evolving. The nearly disposable models that get refreshes yearly or every 2-3 years certainly get more bells and whistles faster than a cinema ecosystem body that is designed to last 5+ years, but where the hard core focus is with digital cinema cameras is high image quality first and everything else is second. At last from my perspective.

Komodo I think represents a fascinating challenge for RED and the big question is can RED get their $$,$$$ image quality, workflow, and ecosystem into a $,$$$ camera and have it play side by side or achieve in some ways better image quality than their previous cameras. They have a very, very good shot at it here and Komodo has so many unique features in the process of all of this that makes it so intriguing.

I mean, I am literally thinking about how I can go from my typical camera cases and travel camera bags to more of a camera "murse" or purse situation right now for Komodo.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Baby dragon is so small!!!
    Got the 3D file that’s circulating on Facebook courtesy of Fabian Erblehner!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Oj5OJp...=1uxsumwetd87e

I love this so much.

Gregory wins ( if he wants ) a seat at the front of the line when the stormtroopers start to ship.

[QUOTE=Phil Holland;1891928]If you smash them into each other? hmmm. Sounds like a fun test. 6QUOTE]

Do it DiN.

Is it possible to create a RAW camera that doesn't have any image delay in processing the picture to the monitoring path?
    I have a problem when framing un reheased fast moves. I usually open my left eye to see what's happening in real life as the HDSDI feed shows me some significant lag.