Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 415 of 518 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 5171
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Cinco de KoMaydo!!!

Any plans for a REDuser meetup to coincide with our Stormtrooper delivery?
    If so, I'll bring a Lego Stormtrooper for everyone who gets a Komodo Stormtrooper :)

More like; stay up 24/7 and glued to REDuser for the next 10 weeks to get a Stormtrooper!

I just hope Gates will have an underwater housing ready for the summer... Maybe John is listening...?
    I would enjoy a Lego Stormtrooper
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    I would enjoy a Lego Stormtrooper
    Me too, Never been more excited for a Star Wars themed birthday :)
    Red Raven #001827
    Hydrogen One Houdini #0058
    Canon 5DMKiii
    Canon EOS R
    Rokinon Cine DS Primes
    Digital Sputniks with Pixel Mapping, Hives, Quasars, Litepanels Gemini, Arri 750s
    Dji Ronin, Cloud Mount, Motion Control, Dana Dolly
    https://www.instagram.com/galacticowboy/
    https://www.twitch.tv/galacticowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    you know me Tim... NAB doesn't mean much to me anymore. It is really just a nice excuse to meet up with long lost friends.
    Love it!
    My birthday is May 10, so I’m happy anyways.
    Huge success as always my friend.
    I need a white Komodo to be next my White Monstro :)

Oh and I need to tell ya the car chase scenes that is being planned to this baby dragon fly
    Raphael Varandas
    DCINE Digital Cinema
    Cameras, Glasses, Post Solutions on Set and a GREAT coffee ;)

SAO PAULO-BRASIL +5511.55498419 (Office)
    +5511.9990DCINE +55119970DCINE ( Mobile's)

MONSTRO Storm Trooper
    MONSTRO CF
    HELIUM's CF
    GEMINI OG #013
    GEMINI

SUMMICRON C SET
    SUPERSPEEDS MKII
    UP and more...

www.dcine.tv

raphael@dcine.tv
    atendimento@dcine.tv

Sign me up for a stormtrooper! I hope we get a actually date and time we can pre order one
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini

Feels like Moscow in the 80's where one person stands still for a moment and everybody jumps in line behind them. Is this a real line? In case it is, sign me up for a Stormtrooper!

I've been reading this thread from the beginning with the intention of buying the Komodo and it has been a long time since I've been so exited for a product to come out haha. I got lucky when I could buy a back-order of the Raven in 2017. I'll be prepared for the Komodo.

Thanks to all of you for sharing all this info here. Just wanted to let you know that it's appreciated to read about this camera in such a (professional) way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Solowiej View Post
    Feels like Moscow in the 80's where one person stands still for a moment and everybody jumps in line behind them. Is this a real line? In case it is, sign me up for a Stormtrooper!
    Yeah, but it's not like a loaf of bread. This is one of those special lines where you get your Levi's 501's and a bottle of Coke.

Like the last time Stormtrooper cameras happened, I'm expecting this to go down the same way. No warnings, no lines, no discounts, maybe a quick mention in a few places, but by the time you see them it will be too late. These will sell out faster than you can shout "KGB!"
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Man I hope not! Maybe we can start an official list since a few of us have been here for months checking the thread every free chance we get!
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini

I second the official list idea! I am checking every day. Have a trip planned to Morocco then deep into Africa in July and would love to break in the Komodo then. I mean come on! Does it get better than that?? Would be happy to provide some bad ass “Shot on Red” content including me in the water with Great Whites!

Adam Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yeah.. if you own both you probably will choose a DSMC2 for your A cam on larger shoots if you need Aux power outputs, lens motors, multiple monitors, etc. etc. etc. because to build Komodo up to do all that your size for size getting to be the same ballpark. And remember framerates... if you need high framerates you will pick up a DSMC2. And at least with Monstro and in some cases Gemini you are gonna have more latitude.

But.. many people don't need all that for run and gun or discreet or pop off shots, and obviously what the camera was designed for ( Gimbals and Crash rigs , Drones etc ) komodo is gonna win. And for those that want smallest package possible and do most everything themselves it will most definitely will be an A cam. I am seeing people do that a lot already.. Even some that have ALL of our cameras lined up to chose from.

I gotta say things changed for me personally when we turned that little tiny top screen on as a preview monitor last week.. I thought it would be completely useless to use as a monitor but I was wrong. I mean you of course want a proper monitor for focus until we get at least focus confirmation working but shooting like that with nothing else but a lens is so powerful and o so small with such a big image.

Yeah... I know It's my baby. And I'd be proud of it even if it was an ugly duckling and of course I am going to say good things about it.... but I gotta say... this camera really feels special.
    Just catching up on this long forum.. I hope our friends in China are doing OK. It must be scary times!

Thanks for the glimpse into the process of making an awesome camera in 2020 looking forward to this camera almost as much as I did Gemini. Can't wait to strap one to a drone!