Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 505 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5043
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Curious to hear what is it you love with a 65mm sensor?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielB View Post
    Probably the large formats characteristics: DOF, noise performance, those healthy big pixels soaking up light, etc.

I think it's safe to assume RED is probably working on larger format sensors/capture as well. Digital still has ways to go to match the experience of something both captured and projected in 15 perf true IMAX film.
    Yep, all of that indeed.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Yep, all of that indeed.
    Komodo. Speedbooster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Komodo's spec is actually not defined by a price point. Our implementation of a global shutter is what is defining the FPS this first time and Komodo is not artificially "neutered" to avoid cannibalizing it's bigger brothers. We like disruption and sometimes that includes disrupting ourselves.
    Nice to know this camera will "have balls..."

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius Lyles View Post
    Jarred will Komodo have IPP2 built in?
    Yes... default.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Winegar View Post
    Hey Jarred what’s the latest state of manufacturing in China for Komodo in relation to the Coronavirus? Has Komodo already been sourced to different manufacturers outside China or is RED still waiting for the dust to settle? Looked like Coronavirus was on the decline two weeks ago but is back to growing again. Terrible thing for those affected and rough to see how it is affecting the world markets. Apple today projects earnings for iPhone to be down this quarter due to the virus. The health of anyone potentially affected is the most important consideration, just hope they are able to quickly contain and develop a fast acting cure.
    It's pretty terrible for everyone in China...We are not pushing at all just helping where we can and waiting for them to take care of all the people first. It's a pretty bad situation.

Mexico has done a really great job taking up a lot of the supply chain instability and I am pretty sure we will end up rolling over to them because even as China comes online the shipment situation is a nightmare right now and I imagine it will be for quite some time. I think after a few tests over the next year, we will do A LOT in Mexico going forward.

This health disaster today will probably lead to a financial disaster for China for many many months to come. Apart from the obvious financial impact of most of the workforce not working right now, and businesses being closed, I can only imagine the impact that is created when a lot of vendors ( including us ) move away from China to get their things made elsewhere, and a lot of those companies might not return back. Moving Manufacturing is not something you really want to do twice in one year. It's not fun, and it's not cheap.

and we are leveraging a global supply chain instead of just trying to make them all in Southern California.
    I'm curious if you can say any more about this? I would've thought you were already using a global supply chain quite a bit as cameras require things like NAND and sensors that you just can't make without a fab. I figured the in-house stuff was mostly the assembly of those types of components in housings, bodies, mechanical parts that you made yourselves. Are you talking about not going outside not strictly for manufacturing but more of an ODM situation?

Yes... default.

Yea buddy! 3D Luts as well?
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Paramon Ivanovich View Post
    Mr Soderbergh would disagree :)

Well, since the company that designed the camera didn't design it to be an A cam for big productions, his opinion on the subject is irrelevant.

What Stephen Soderbergh's experience using AS an A camera on a big production shows that Red did a very good job on the camera, not that its designers didn't know what they were designing it for.

IMO it just makes his endorsement stronger, because it's basically telling us that it's good enough to hang with the big boys even though it wasn't designed to.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Anybody knows if the compatibility with the EOS R Control Ring have been mentioned?

It would be very handy to control some parameters as Iris, shutter or ISO in Run&Gun situations

Yes... default.
    Nice!