Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 683 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6826
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Just a little update to all you that are still following along.

Things are still on track, going as well as they could be given the global supply chain issues paralyzing the "making things" world right now. Our Manufacturing team's diligence to get ahead of it looks to be paying off. I really can't thank Aaron and his team enough for all their hard work and sleepless nights powering through this all. As long as Mexico stays strong we just might see snow in May after all.

Also for NAB I have talked to a lot of you privately and as most of you following me on social know, last weekend I stopped our NAB build out, there will be no demo area for RED at NAB, even if NAB still decides to go forward. NAB doesn't do refunds so we still have the space but it purely will be a social event and I have left attendance to NAB in the hands of my employees and attendance is 100% purely at their own discretion. Fear or Facts it doesn't matter to me.. safety of my staff and their families come first.

Anyways... we still be blowing up Komodos every week, still testing testing testing, still turning things on one by one and it's pretty awesome. I think you guys are going to love this little camera.

excuse me as I go find some wood to knock on.
    so no Komodo at all at NAB? a lot of us would really like to have a peak, seems like our one chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    What do you find bad about the 50mm Milvus???
    The 50mm f/1.4 Milvus is an entirely new design, he's referring to the older ZF 50mm f/1.4 which is um..... Yeah. New design is pretty good.

The macro was/is pretty good though.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    so no Komodo at all at NAB? a lot of us would really like to have a peak, seems like our one chance.
    There never was going to be Komodo at NAB... I stopped doing product launches at NAB years ago. Might of had one or two there to take a peek at but you can always take a peek if you come see me at the studio.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Gibbins View Post
    Will we get a full release of spec, or at least max frame rates/resolutions before the end of the tax year at the start of April? (in the UK) Just trying to plan some tax motivated kit investments ha
    Hey Jacob you already all know the frame rates. 6k 40fps, 4k 60fps, 2k 120fps. Or are you asking about something else?

Hey Jacob you already all know the frame rates. 6k 40fps, 4k 60fps, 2k 120fps. Or are you asking about something else?
    Thanks Boss. Crop factor?

Jarred, is there a 5K max frame rate (maybe 48 fps), or is it the same 40 FPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Thanks Boss. Crop factor?
    Sensor is 27.03x14.25, so the crop factor compared to the FF35 standard would be 1.33x in horizontal field of view. Or 1.42x if you're going by sensor diagonal, which some people think is "fairer," but when comparing different aspect ratios I think horizontal field of view is more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    Or 1.42x if you're going by sensor diagonal, which some people think is "fairer"
    Was thinking to myself "who the hell measures diagonally??"

Then I realised that there is probably a group of internet cinematographers out there somewhere with a squarish MFT sensor that feel that "surely, the diagonal is the only fair way!"

It goes without saying that angle of view is measured horizontally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    Sensor is 27.03x14.25, so the crop factor compared to the FF35 standard would be 1.33x in horizontal field of view. Or 1.42x if you're going by sensor diagonal, which some people think is "fairer," but when comparing different aspect ratios I think horizontal field of view is more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    Was thinking to myself "who the hell measures diagonally??"

Then I realised that there is probably a group of internet cinematographers out there somewhere with a squarish MFT sensor that feel that "surely, the diagonal is the only fair way!"

It goes without saying that angle of view is measured horizontally.

Yep. Most fundamental DPs out there digest Crop Factor in HFOV as that mainly pertains to the width of the format often constrained to the aspect ratio of the given project, which for the most part is a "wider format industry", even 4:3 is wider. This is why I made my tools readout this way.

In the case of "FF35 135 Still Film" it's a 3:2 aspect ratio at maximum format size. And though there have been projects that have shot in 3:2, our main display tech is typically 1.78:1 (16x9) or more cinema focused a possible DCI 1.9:1 aspect ratio.

Andrew, bookmark this:
    formatCompare: Komodo 6K FF vs. FF35 135 3:2 Still Film

And yep, as you can visualize and see, 1.33X HFOV at 6K compared to FF35.

Once RED gets me all of the supported formats and resolutions for Komodo I'll add them to my tools. At the moment Komodo only shows the 6K FF maximum format/resolution (6144x3240). I can predict obviously what's likely going to be in there, but I'm not really into spreading potential bad info if I can avoid it.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Jared, you have just made me very happy indeed. :) The 120@2K is new info to me that I dont think you have made public before now? ( or I missed it ) either way I'm over the moon! Cant wait to take this thing off grid and into the wild places of the world mountain biking. Also the fact your so active on here is amazingly well appreciated! WOOOO! Roll on the storm troopers, I will have my trigger finger primed and ready!