Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 683 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6826
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Correct.. you are not going to buy a Komodo for high framerates.
    I used to get all excited about high frame rates, but I've found in practice, overcranking to just 30fps is usually just right, sometimes 48 or 60, and only rarely past 60. Really, right now I'm just excited for Red IQ in a tiny body!
    Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa" : Komodo ST #389 "TK-421"

Thank you Jarred for disclosing more info on Komodo.

To be honest, I'm kind of glad there are going to be some limiting factors on Komodo, compared to the DSMC2 bodies, as it should. Yes Moore's Law has a part, but there's also a confidence in your product line as to what it can produce for the customer's needs. Arri does that just fine.

I needed to make a purchasing decision before year's end. I was going to wait and see what Komodo was all about, see if I would be cursing RED out if I dropped the investment on Gemini when Komodo could do (practically) everything Gemini could do. But, from the information I'm hearing, it wont', and I can feel at least somewhat confident that a Gemini investment will hold for at least a year (wish we could say longer in these times, but that's realistic).

So, ironically, Jarred, you have given clarity to people saying "yes" to this cam, but also clarity to the "no" as well. And my "no" just earned you more money from me though. lol

Cheers! Hahaha
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #20714 "Aslan"
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #22394 "Leo"
    Sigma High Speed Cine Primes (20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm)
    Steadicam & DJI Ronin 2
    Wireless Video/Focus
    DJI Inspire 2

www.yellobrickstudios.com

Yes Colton it will be interesting to see what people like you do with Komodo. It's not a beginner camera but it definitely can be a "next step" camera. Just be prepared... this isn't an auto-everything camera. Although we do finally have PDAF on this sensor which we are pretty excited about.
    OOooooh, nice. a camera that has good AF, no huge vmounts, off the shelf media and shoots raw is exactly what i need for my personal camera. It took four cases to go out with my Raven for personal projects. I want it in one case. :)

Are we thinking Q1 for deliveries?

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    OOooooh, nice. a camera that has good AF, no huge vmounts, off the shelf media and shoots raw is exactly what i need for my personal camera. It took four cases to go out with my Raven for personal projects. I want it in one case. :)
    My thoughts exactly. Plus I already have most accessories to use it out of the box.
    Only need a Minolta MD lens adapter, plus media to add to a Komodo/H2 package for starters.
    Canon lenses can come later.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    I used to get all excited about high frame rates, but I've found in practice, overcranking to just 30fps is usually just right, sometimes 48 or 60, and only rarely past 60. Really, right now I'm just excited for Red IQ in a tiny body!

My current camera is 24fps only, so any upgrade from that is fine with me.

And yes... Komodo does shoot R3D's.
    Sweet stoked about this, .R3D is hand down the best video codec out there IMO.

Can you confirm or deny that the EXT port will work as a control port for FIZ systems? Or perhaps there is a control port hidden somewhere that we have not seen in photos?

Even if this thing has amazing autofocus, still going to want to control focus and zoom though my RT motion setup 98% percent of the time.
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    And that works for you, however, almost all stuff I've done the past years is overcranked between 40-60fps more than even normal speeds. 50-60fps is a basic feature in my opinion. It covers both overcranking and HFR for those who need that, it covers most shooting scenarios. If the Pocket 6K can do it for less than half its price I think that 50-60 should be a priority. Better to have the basics before anything else, you're still gonna get a Red camera with Red color science, so losing the basics for something that we already know we're getting seems unnecessary.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Jarred!!!

You just made my fucking day. PDAF!!!!

Sign me up. First in line please. :)
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor

I get a feeling that more features will get announced as they are developed and implemented :)
    So I’m looking forward to all the teases and surprises to come along the way!!!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser