Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 683 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 6826
    Congratulations on the global shutter engineering breakthrough Jarred, this is really a milestone. Will the stormtroopers be announced in a thread here at Reduser?

With all these great news, we should be close to the official announcement i guess..
    Looking forward for the first footages to come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    No penalty for the size.. no penalty for the Global shutter either . it's a real RED camera , and hence image is #1. You can expect Komodo to fall in the vicinity of a Helium for dynamic range, in both Global Shutter mode and Rolling Shutter mode.
    In rolling shutter mode, that's not so surprising. For both though, that's quite impressive -- never mind that it allows for switching modes, which is also impressive. And cool. :)

What makes me curious though is what advantage is there in using rolling shutter mode if there's no dynamic range penalty in global shutter mode? Or in other words, why use rolling shutter if it doesn't reduce dynamic range? Possibly higher max frame rates in rolling shutter rather than global shutter mode?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    In rolling shutter mode, that's not so surprising. For both though, that's quite impressive -- never mind that it allows for switching modes, which is also impressive. And cool. :)

What makes me curious though is what advantage is there in using rolling shutter mode if there's no dynamic range penalty in global shutter mode? Or in other words, why use rolling shutter if it doesn't reduce dynamic range? Possibly higher max frame rates in rolling shutter rather than global shutter mode?
    According with Jarred: “Rolling shutter mode is good when you want to match rolling shutter RED cameras in a multi camera setup.”

So no extra benefits. Hopefully it’s going to start being an issue of the past in camera technology

No penalty for the size.. no penalty for the Global shutter either . it's a real RED camera , and hence image is #1. You can expect Komodo to fall in the vicinity of a Helium for dynamic range, in both Global Shutter mode and Rolling Shutter mode.
    Spectacular - next to being sure Komodo had .R3D this was my next biggest concern. I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Francisco Calero View Post
    According with Jarred: “Rolling shutter mode is good when you want to match rolling shutter RED cameras in a multi camera setup.”
    I caught that one shortly after I hit post. No big deal... but the fact that the dynamic range is the same in global shutter mode IS a pretty big deal. :)

So no extra benefits. Hopefully it’s going to start being an issue of the past in camera technology
    When it ships, everyone with a cinema camera will be clamoring for global shutter again... :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel S View Post
    Spectacular - next to being sure Komodo had .R3D this was my next biggest concern. I'm all in.
    One of my biggest was framerate, but a global shutter 40 fps 6K camera at s35mm with a DR of around 15-16 is pretty much a done deal. The only thing I really want to see though is a dual-ISO mode. There are so many good low light options out there that help when the light budget is low or you want to be mobile but still light the scene, so giving Komodo the Gemini love would make for a superb small camera.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    One of my biggest was framerate, but a global shutter 40 fps 6K camera at s35mm with a DR of around 15-16 is pretty much a done deal. The only thing I really want to see though is a dual-ISO mode. There are so many good low light options out there that help when the light budget is low or you want to be mobile but still light the scene, so giving Komodo the Gemini love would make for a superb small camera.
    The Gemini sensor has superior DR than Komodo.

This is great news!

Could you tell us a little bit more about low light performance?
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Undoubtedly. I was thinking more about Gemini's dual-ISO capability. If we can shoot with Komodo at a dual-ISO option around ISO2400, that would be perfect.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397