Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 581 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 5802
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Vogen View Post
    I can agree with pretty much everything you said... except the part about the Sigma fp not being up to snuff on build quality. Indeed, by all accounts the Sigma fp has excellent build quality. I’m not saying the Komodo won’t also, but I don’t think the Sigma falls short in build quality at all. Honestly, if Komodo can match the Sigma on build quality we are in for quite a treat. For the Sigma, it’s all the details after that where the fp becomes a bit of a letdown. The fp is a camera I wanted to love. But too much is off to win me over.
    It IS extremely well built, almost well built to satisfy even Jarred, I think. It's missing a lot of the things that the Komodo has that are aimed at higher end productions, but it's still solid as a rock.

I hope that Sigma keeps improving it, though I'm a lot more interested in a future higher resolution Sigma for stills than for its video features. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

We had this discussion earlier in this thread, but I don't recall the result of the conversation: Can footage made with a global shutter be stabilized in post smoother/ or without the 'wobbling effect' than rolling shutter? I believe in theory it should...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_Crespo View Post
    We had this discussion earlier in this thread, but I don't recall the result of the conversation: Can footage made with a global shutter be stabilized in post smoother/ or without the 'wobbling effect' than rolling shutter? I believe in theory it should...
    It's possible I'm not fully understanding your question. But if I have your question right then the answer is that global shutter footage won't have the wobble from rolling shutter and makes stabilization potentially easier/better, depending on the circumstances.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us:
    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Just a little update to all you that are still following along.

Things are still on track, going as well as they could be given the global supply chain issues paralyzing the "making things" world right now. Our Manufacturing team's diligence to get ahead of it looks to be paying off. I really can't thank Aaron and his team enough for all their hard work and sleepless nights powering through this all. As long as Mexico stays strong we just might see snow in May after all.

Also for NAB I have talked to a lot of you privately and as most of you following me on social know, last weekend I stopped our NAB build out, there will be no demo area for RED at NAB, even if NAB still decides to go forward. NAB doesn't do refunds so we still have the space but it purely will be a social event and I have left attendance to NAB in the hands of my employees and attendance is 100% purely at their own discretion. Fear or Facts it doesn't matter to me.. safety of my staff and their families come first.

Anyways... we still be blowing up Komodos every week, still testing testing testing, still turning things on one by one and it's pretty awesome. I think you guys are going to love this little camera.

excuse me as I go find some wood to knock on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

Things are still on track, going as well as they could be given the global supply chain issues paralyzing the "making things" world right now. Our Manufacturing team's diligence to get ahead of it looks to be paying off. I really can't thank Aaron and his team enough for all their hard work and sleepless nights powering through this all. As long as Mexico stays strong we just might see snow in May after all.

Also for NAB I have talked to a lot of you privately and as most of you following me on social know, last weekend I stopped our NAB build out, there will be no demo area for RED at NAB, even if NAB still decides to go forward. NAB doesn't do refunds so we still have the space but it purely will be a social event and I have left attendance to NAB in the hands of my employees and attendance is 100% purely at their own discretion. Fear or Facts it doesn't matter to me.. safety of my staff and their families come first.

Anyways... we still be blowing up Komodos every week, still testing testing testing, still turning things on one by one and it's pretty awesome. I think you guys are going to love this little camera.

That’s great! Thanks for the update!

Will we see some new pics soon? Maybe some footage of a Komodo being blown up? Even if we can’t see the footage out of the camera?
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us:
    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

Thank you for the update Jarred, every creator knows that greatness takes time, keep doing what you do, keep striving for greatness, we will warmly welcome the baby when the day will come..
    And we know everything we need about Komodo already, except the sauce Graeme is cooking in his secret kitchen..

Question to all of you guys, does someone know if Graeme was on board already during "Red one" times?

Cheers,

JARRED YOU ARE THE F****** MAN. Thanks for updatin. #snowinmay

As long as Mexico stays strong we just might see snow in May after all.
    Thank you so much jarred for the exciting news... now I would like to ask how much snow should we expect? and is there gonna be any pre-made snowballs for us to start the fun right away or we have to pre-order the snowballs and wait for it?

I think you guys are going to love this little camera.

*knocking on the wood*
    we already love it and we're so grateful for all the efforts you and your whole team are doing for this little big komodo.
    the only thing that concerns me is that by the time komodo is out for the hunt, we might not have fingers to use it (bitting the nails and wondering to know more about specs).
    Last edited by Farbod Green; 03-06-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Farbod Green
    ᚠᚨᚱᛒᛟᛞ ᚷᚱᛟᚾᛊ

-
    Those who tell the stories rule the world.

Instagram

Yeah,
    Over half the people I spoked with are cancelling, and with Italy being going back and forth with Iran as second largest effect area out side of Asia with nearly 5000 cases and 200 dead, things are not looking good there either :(

Safety must always come first.

Looking forward to Cinegear any ways, hoping that by then all is good.

Great to hear that Komodo is been blown up in the name of the shot and I am sure test, test, test :)

Won't be getting a Stormtrooper this time around sadly, but can not wait for standard Komodo to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes Nabil View Post
    Question to all of you guys, does someone know if Graeme was on board already during "Red one" times?
    Red One 2007
    Graeme Nattress started at Red in 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Digital_Cinema
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/graeme-nattress-a628551