Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 553 of 683 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 6826
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    Sounds good. I thought I had remembered seeing or reading before that custom filter combos were available. Are there any plans to build an EF version for the Komodo, as well? I know Canon builds a vari-ND adapter, but I’d much prefer this type of system that is basically the same that I’ve used for decades.
    RF-EF Revolva is in progress. I bought the Canon vari-nd myself... it's ingenious and light, but optically not great and ergonomically awful with a tiny fiddly wheel with no actual markings or stops.
    KipperTie - Authorised RED Rental, Pinewood Studios, UK
    Ready to hire: Monstro 8K VV | Gemini 5K | Helium Monochrome 8K
    Check out our Revolva ND solution, OLPFs and other products

Quote Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
    RF-EF Revolva is in progress. I bought the Canon vari-nd myself... it's ingenious and light, but optically not great and ergonomically awful with a tiny fiddly wheel with no actual markings or stops.
    But its not $1200+

I love the Revolva on my Helium, and when I can get a Komodo, will definitely want the PL/RF version - I can use my existing filter wheels, and also the set of Sigma Cine primes on both cameras. Does the chinstrap mount option give enough strength to hold the PL glass to the mount and only the camera then needs support?
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    But its not $1200+
    I'd say its priced fairly for what it is, sure :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dishler View Post
    I love the Revolva on my Helium, and when I can get a Komodo, will definitely want the PL/RF version - I can use my existing filter wheels, and also the set of Sigma Cine primes on both cameras. Does the chinstrap mount option give enough strength to hold the PL glass to the mount and only the camera then needs support?
    Chinstrap gives you a PL mount that is solidly integrated to the camera. No twist, no movement. I'd have no concerns with any typical PL lens.

I'd say its priced fairly for what it is, sure :)
    I'm down with double but triple plus, my flag comes up, sorry man. I do really dig your stuff, but the trifecta kills me...

Does komodo have IBIS? How is the AF on Komodo compared to Fujifilm XT4?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    Does komodo have IBIS? How is the AF on Komodo compared to Fujifilm XT4?
    KOMODO is not a finalized project yet and they’re still adding new function and improvements. But I wouldn’t expect any kind of IBIS.
    The Autofocus is supposed to be improved comparing with the one in the DSMC2 EF lenses, as they’re using now RF. Jarred said not to expect the amazing autofocus of current RF cameras (and, I guess, the Fujifilm cameras), but it would be good:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-6QGnAB...=19gv7msvznh6l

After I finished my film school 2013 I always want to buy red camera but boy it's only for rich people and I never bought other camera.my love to cinema was thru red only . but now with komodo 6k I want the black one game on guys.l bought canon one ND just in case the komodo does not come with cannon EF mount adopter.
    Last edited by Tarek salman; 06-22-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek salman View Post
    After I finished my film school 2013 I always want to buy red camera but boy it's only for rich people and I never bought other camera.my love to cinema was thru red only . but now with komodo 6k I want the black one game on guys.l bought canon one ND just in case the komodo does not come with cannon EF mount adopter.
    I'm in the same boat. Wanted a Red since spending a day with a friend shooting his Red One in 2008. Have other cameras, but I shoot mostly for fun and personal creative projects since about 1990, not for profit, couldn't justify the cost of one even for a serious hobby cam.
    Komodo may change that, but it remains to be seen given the current economic climate and the pandemic. I blame RED for my obsession with shooting Bayer raw formats for motion pictures.