Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 527 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 5264
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gdovic View Post
    Will Komodo be able to utilize the control ring on Canon's RF to EF adapter?
    Hope so. It would be very useful

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    About lens control, do we know what's planned for follow focus ?
    I really like my motorless camera with Latitude, and I wouldnt be against something built in and compatible with RTmotion.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    --Director Showreel--

Quote Originally Posted by Bérenger Brillante View Post
    About lens control, do we know what's planned for follow focus ?
    I really like my motorless camera with Latitude, and I wouldnt be against something built in and compatible with RTmotion.
    I really hope Komodo is compatible with RTmotion's Latitude too ! These 2 seem like a perfect fit.

Amazing - over a million views of this thread!

The world is eager to see more. Teaser footage please!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post

The world is eager to see more. Teaser footage please!
    edit-able footage please! I want to play with some R3Ds! ...in global shutter....with some fast moving vertical objects moving past the lens...or flash photography in the shot...or you know, any other scenario that looks bad in rolling shutter. ;)

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    I don't think that any professional camera had this much attention. Maybe the R1 did, and perhaps the Scarlet did, too. If Kodak actually produces their Super 8 camera, we might have some competition. :-P

I recall that the Leica M9 caused quite a stir back in 2009. And I think the Nikon D3 did get a lot of attention, mainly for its sensor, which was for that time far superior to anything else, save medium format.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Just wondering; Would it be sacrilegious to ask for ATEM camera control compatibility in future builds?

I am working on building out multi-cam live switched productions, and live-to-tape studio build-outs, etc. (ranging from 6 to 12+ cameras) and it would be really nice to have a standardized CCU implementation for managing all of those cameras, especially in the larger configurations.

Now that BMD has implemented CCU functions over Ethernet, SDI, and HDMI ports, I would be love to have wider palette of cameras to work with.

And I would like to see more RED in that palette ;-)
    - Scarlet 996 -

Quote Originally Posted by Todd T View Post
    Just wondering; Would it be sacrilegious to ask for ATEM camera control compatibility in future builds?

I am working on building out multi-cam live switched productions, and live-to-tape studio build-outs, etc. (ranging from 6 to 12+ cameras) and it would be really nice to have a standardized CCU implementation for managing all of those cameras, especially in the larger configurations.

Now that BMD has implemented CCU functions over Ethernet, SDI, and HDMI ports, I would be love to have wider palette of cameras to work with.

And I would like to see more RED in that palette ;-)
    I would like to see this too, been using Atem switchers for a few years and while BMD cams keep getting better it would be nice to have the ATEM control. That capability gives the Bmds a big leg up when choosing cameras for live or multiple camera shoots. And there are a number of ATEM controls that are made by other companies so not just a BMD thing anymore. I believe the SDK is available to anyone and it could be a nice standard to work from although I haven’t read the user agreement to see if there would be prohibitions.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

9. #4499 USB Audio? 
    This story about the Octopus camera talks about USB audio input. Anybody have any experience with a camera that works that way? Is this something Komodo could make use of?
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/04/...camera-update/
    Epic #4048 Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Winokur View Post
    This story about the Octopus camera talks about USB audio input. Anybody have any experience with a camera that works that way? Is this something Komodo could make use of?
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/04/...camera-update/
    I think this is a byproduct of the creator using Intel NUC hardware as the platform for the system. Not exactly commonplace in professional cameras and might experience some frame related delays even, but likely manageable. It's also the easiest way to get sound into this specific camera.

Hell of an effort on that project and kudos to them.

Komodo-wise, Jarred teased a breakout module on the gram some time ago. I'm hoping for many things surrounding Komodo, but some "good way" to get a phantom powered XLR signal into the camera (4-6 inputs) would be nice. Same thing I really want for DSMC3 really.

We're getting close to the era of wireless audio being a built in or module concept in our industry soon too. Even timecode is potentially evolving to GPS based or "other new things".

Hard to tell what future trends really will be, but for me, big wishes are:
    - as quiet as possible camera
    - 4-6X XLR or other securely locking interface, maybe 2X on board and additional via module?
    - Phantom Power Support
    - built in wireless timecode support from the leading manufacturers selectable via camera.

With Komodo being such a tight ecosystem, I don't think through the brain itself it can handle Phantom Power, but perhaps through an module. At the moment I'm planning on sending it signal and running dual system sound, as I already do and have been doing forever now.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon