Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 527 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5264
    Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Super 35 is dying. VistaVision is the new format going forward.

Yeah, right!

We are almost at one million views on this thread. One million! If you had this many dollars you'd effectively be a millionaire already. All this attention for a 'mere' Super 35 camera. If you think that Super 35 is somehow going away, or that it is being deprecated, please think again.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Marcus Rosen View Post
    Thanks for the update Jarred. Your transparency is always appreciated. I would love to come through and help y'all assemble. Beats waiting things out over here with all my jobs postponed indefinitely. Close friends of mine are sick, and some of my friends are now sadly gone. Two of them so far. And their families weren't around to watch them go and even funerals are not going to happen because of the distancing. I've seen enough and feel the effects of the recession. I agree the worst has yet to come. ...
    I am really sorry to hear that Luke.
    Though, no amount of "I'm sorry to hear that" is going to make up for the loss of friends and loved ones, but here it is.

It is too soon to say we are over the worst of it.
    And if it isn't someone you know, at this point it has already affected someone from our extended circle.
    Moments like these bring us all closer as we are apart. And as a community of creative people, this is what will help us get through it.
    Stay safe and stay strong!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    We still holding on that for the normal release plus the Hydrogen discount ... just under. Like $10 under. :).

And Normal releae price still holding about 1K above that and miraculously Stormtroopers still holding about 1K above that. As you can imagine everything is a bit of a shit show right now and the only thing that is truly predictable is that this whole world is unfortunately going to get worse before it gets better so just assume that everything will change because it will be a pretty big miracle if we can continue to hold on like we have.

Aaron and our supply chain are doing some pretty phenomenal work right now. Mexico was the best bet ever... we got past a critical hump with some components that could of knocked us out when China shut down. This last week we conquered a ton of obstacles and now we just have a few issues left... A small board from Japan as they just shut down as well as a sensor pause at the plant in California as all of you know that has been shut down as well. I'll be able to give an update on those two later next week hopefully. Luckily we have a nice handful of sensors already in hand for the stormtroopers.

Of course all this is moot if we are not allowed to open our factory again before May. If the California lockdown goes beyond that... I and many of the RED rockstars will be literally assembling cameras and doing QC at home.... something we have done many times before. But again, I don't think we have seen the worst of things in California so the next few weeks are key.. not just for camera building, But for the more obvious important things like keeping people alive.

But yeah.. we still doing our best to keep that 5k, 6k, 7k spread for Komodo. Hydrogen discount doesn't happen till the normal black ones remember so the proper order is more like 7k, 6k+5k.
    Thanks Jarred... Love the update and the positive attitude you have towards all obstacles while the world seems to come to an end... Such awesome way of keeping good vibes here around us while we perfectly understand you are going against the heavy current!

Keep Rocking... We' ll patiently wait...

Human Lives Safety First,
    Career Second :)
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post

Yeah, right!

We are almost at one million views on this thread. One million! If you had this many dollars you'd effectively be a millionaire already. All this attention for a 'mere' Super 35 camera. If you think that Super 35 is somehow going away, or that it is being deprecated, please think again.
    Get one of these https://www.metabones.com/products/d...B_SPEF-EFR-BT1 and you can have them both (sort of).

For a number of reasons, not the least of which is all the great S35 lenses to choose from, I consider Super35 the sweet spot for narrative production. From a creative perspective, I find VV more interesting and engaging. From a more practical angle, S35 strikes a nice balance between aesthetics and the realities of production - cost, speed, efficiency, etc.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post

Yeah, right!

This will and does have speed booster capability. Thus it can be full frame.

Via Jarred's instagram today:

Alex, the first Komodo Stormtrooper assembled in solitary confinement.

Also in frame. Robo-doggo, GDU Touch N' Go 120mm, GDU 40mm f/2.8, I believe that's the Canon RF>EF Adapter.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Looks pretty!
    Pretty badass Stormtrooper baby Dragon!!!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Full Frame RF or EF lenses are waste here without the Speedbooster. Would be nice to see Speedbooster for Nikon and Leica mounts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Though, no amount of "I'm sorry to hear that" is going to make up for the loss of friends and loved ones, but here it is.
    Stay safe and stay strong!
    You've put into words the way I've felt when I hear sorry being used. Thank you for vocalizing it that way. Best we all keep a level headed tripod head on our base (unless we're going for a dutch) and keep on shooting... so to speak. And you too. Thanks for the words.