Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 505 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5043
    Is there at least a way to get remote trigger just using the EXT port or do you need the break out module to do anything with the EXT port?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parkin View Post
    Is there at least a way to get remote trigger just using the EXT port or do you need the break out module to do anything with the EXT port?
    The "least" way .... is just a cable from EXT port (appears to be a 9 pin 0B lemo) to whatever connection you need - rs232 (RCP) or GPI trigger. Most likely a $90-$125ish cable depending on quality. I would suspect Jarred will post the EXT pinout in 3 ... 2 ...
    Mark L. Pederson

Good to know, wasn't sure if there was more going on in there or if it was just a break out box with full sized connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Too much to ask. Zero room left for anything internal like that. Majority of time for most users this camera will be used without any of this... so not worth growing the entire body for.
    I can see your point with a 4" cube there is not much wiggle room for something like that. Thanks for the explanation.

its an active baseplate.
    I really, really like the idea of modularity building via the base on Komodo. Helps loads considering the lens height from base natively.

Won't help with the COG in some setups, but if that's a concern they'll rig it that way.

Heh. We have the dimensional drawings, but certainly not "all the dimensional drawings" just yet.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

I'm wondering what baseplate situation Michael Bay had to rig a wireless follow focus to Komodo, considering I saw they were rocking PL glass and clip on matte box.

Can the EXT port be used as a CTRL port without the active baseplate?
    Scarlet-W #9463
    Owner/Operator - SALTY SURF HOUSINGS
    saltysurfhousings.com

Both... you get RGB ( bars ) and RAW ( stop lights ) . but you also get an additional set of stop lights on the bottom so you can see both under and over clip in the raw. The bars give you RGB.
    Yeah, that sounds awesome! And if it ends up being as popular as I think, will it make its way to DSMC1 and 2?

Will it have removable and interchangable OLPFs?

I’m thinking it’s just a fixed OLPF, but I hope it’s a good RED developed one.

I have an URSA mini pro and the Morie is horrendous... it’s been bad on all their cameras. Every thing else about the cameras are fantastic. But the IR pollution and morie is unreliable and not good enough for professional jobs. The RAWlite olpf helped a lot.

Anyway looking forward to this camera, looks an absolute diamond.