Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Overlay issue

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Overlay issue 
    If anyone from Red is reading this, thereís been an overlay issue for the past couple of years that I finally wanted to address...
    On the camera LCD, it will show the compression, and if youíre recording a proxy file.
    On my custom overlay via SDI, Iím unable to see that a proxy is being made. please reference the two attached images.
    I would assume that this data should match. Hopefully a small programming change for the next firmware update. Iím sure others have noticed this. Thank you!
    Attached Images
    Jeff McCoy
    Camera Car Driver, 1st AC & Drone Pilot
    2x Monstros, Alexa Mini LF, Leitz primes, Full-Frame zooms, Prestons, Teradeks, OLED monitors, OíConnors, drones, Porsche Camera Car, 4x4 Sprinter van & lots more!
    Arm Car: www.ArmCar.com
    Camera Rentals: www.industrialdigital.tv
    Instagram: @Industrial_Digital

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #2  
    My guess is that in your custom overlay you have "REDcode (RC)", but you also need to add "Quicktime Status (QT)".
    Note, Quicktime Status is quite long, it will look something like: "Apple ProRes 4444 XQ, 4K @ 23.98 FPS, All Image Settings".

Unfortunately, you don't have access to the all in one REDCODE/PRORES COMPRESSION we show on the top bar, on a custom overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Lillehaugen View Post
    My guess is that in your custom overlay you have "REDcode (RC)", but you also need to add "Quicktime Status (QT)".
    Note, Quicktime Status is quite long, it will look something like: "Apple ProRes 4444 XQ, 4K @ 23.98 FPS, All Image Settings".

Unfortunately, you don't have access to the all in one REDCODE/PRORES COMPRESSION we show on the top bar, on a custom overlay.
    Hi Trent,
    Thanks so much for your reply. When I use QT, I see no data whatsoever.