Thread: GLASWERK ONE/ONE+ PROTOTYPE ANA X2 FULL FRAME

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 GLASWERK ONE/ONE+ PROTOTYPE ANA X2 FULL FRAME 
    Quite surprised by this x2 full frame anamorphic lens.
    I shot a few frames with ALexa mini Lf and Monstro.
    Really well done.
    The two versions One and One + give the possibility of choosing whether to have flare or not. But there is also the possibility of choosing the type of color of flare or blue or white, this is very posistive since I personally prefer without or neutral color.
    The lenses have a really impressive close focus we are 50cm from the sensor and about 25cm from the front lens.
    The weight be about 4kg per lens. And the cost is around 25k at focal length.
    Also the marking of the fires be very good, every 5 centimeters for the first meters then every 10cm and finally every 10 meters.
    I really like bohek and this lens is almost deformed and keeps the detail very well even on the sides.

I can only say Bravo David Kellermann;)

below some shots that I did.

Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    MONSTRO 8k CF #831 "BLACK PEARL" , EPIC-W GEMINI # "DAFNE".
    ARRI ALEXA EV , ALEXA MINI LF "ROZI"

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

Cool! The image does look nice, although it's a little hard to tell when it's a controlled studio setting. Something outside in natural light please!
    The 9 lb weight is kind of a bummer...
    Red Epic-W Helium / Arri Alexa Mini & EV Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds T1.3 -- Canon K-35s T1.4/1.6 -- Kowa Anamorphics T2.3/2.8 -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals T2.3 -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics T2.5 -- Cineovision Anamorphics T1.4 -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros T2.3 -- Lomo Standard Primes T2.3 -- Schneider 1950s Xenon T2.3 -- B&L Super Baltars T2.3 -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics T2.3
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco

Thanks for sharing.

This is no complaint, as I do the sloppiest of lenstests and this one was really structured it was nice to see. But a lot of ANA stuff / look / artifacts first start to show when having sharp high detail, straight lines etc at edge of frame I would love to see these pan and look around in something like an environment with tall buildings or such. As they got such large coverage I can only assume that at least the center part / covering normal sized sensors will be very rectilinear and I'm curious how they hold up edge of frame on LF FF in such scenario.

Here, my very unscientific test of the orions in front of 7k Monstro. Me trying to get a feel for these lenses during the holidays... Shooting grids and things like it, will be done some other time :)

Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro