Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Embeding Audio in R3D Trimmed Clips?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Embeding Audio in R3D Trimmed Clips? 
    We filmed a music video off speed and of course there was no scratch audio recorded in the camera.

We are trimming the R3D clips in REDCINE to send to VFX. They need the audio synced on the clips so they can match it easier to the final track (language obstacle).

I am able to add the audio file to the clips in the bin, but cannot get it to export the trimmed R3D clip with that audio. I did go into the preset setting and selected the proper channels to export.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Steve,

I never encountered this problem before personally, But Maybe you can use either or both the "AUDIO" and "AUDIO SYNC" tool/s to get your answer.

3.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    We filmed a music video off speed and of course there was no scratch audio recorded in the camera.

We are trimming the R3D clips in REDCINE to send to VFX. They need the audio synced on the clips so they can match it easier to the final track (language obstacle).

I am able to add the audio file to the clips in the bin, but cannot get it to export the trimmed R3D clip with that audio. I did go into the preset setting and selected the proper channels to export.

Any thoughts?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Sorry, this is not a supported scenario. If audio is in the R3D, we can trim it or remove it, but we can't add audio into an R3D during post production.

Thanks Stacey!! Seems I was on the one Track, no Pun intended.

For next time. Its possible to record sound even when shooting over/under cranked. There is an option for it in the record menue. It leaves a wav file in every r3d folder that is in sync on the first frame. Used it a few times and find it very usefull when syncing on sound waves.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro