Thread: DaVinci Resolve 16.1.2 Studio released

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We have 1080Ti's in our still rocken 12 core Mac Towers on High Sierra.....will there be any more CUDA for mac updates????

Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    We have 1080Ti's in our still rocken 12 core Mac Towers on High Sierra.....will there be any more CUDA for mac updates????
    No.

Thank you Rohit

This is an interesting and very useful update!

However...

Since Resolve 14.1 our most powerful machine often only really uses 1/2 its CPU cores... any chance we will see this tackled soon?? With 14.1 it would peg any of out machines pretty much at 95%+ CPU usage if there was no other bottle necks...

for ref https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...p?f=21&t=70646 I have seen some improvement from then but sometimes I am down to 50% utilisation..

thank you

Michael

Ok a little bit of feedback from my POV....

on a Gradeing machine using a z8 with 28x2.6 xeon cores, loads of ram, and a GPU for GUI and a singe Titan XP for compute...

this update is great for Rushes creation... engage GPU for decode + debayer and it really flys!!! BUT not for gradeing on this particular setup!... for gradeing we will have to untick GPU for Decode and carry on as normal.....

Will try in a machine with 2 x Titan XP for Compute and see if this changes things enough.... or do I need to look to Quadra RTX 6000?

PS still BM would charge a bit more and put a few programers on chasing down a few of the longstanding issues (albiet not super crtical).... I feel the crazy low price is used as a kind of can't complain cause it is free or nearly free defence...

Got a pretty decent machine, X299 Sage, 14 core, fast RAM, striped SSD-pool and two Titan x cards. Didnīt get that much extra performance but after adding SLI bridge to the cards it got tons better!! Also like Rohit says, donīt forget the debayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hurberg View Post
    Got a pretty decent machine, X299 Sage, 14 core, fast RAM, striped SSD-pool and two Titan x cards. Didnīt get that much extra performance but after adding SLI bridge to the cards it got tons better!! Also like Rohit says, donīt forget the debayer.
    Good feedback... thanks!

I didn’t know SLI bridges improved things with Resolve...? Is this a new thing? Also does it combine the GPU memory for Resolve?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lindsay View Post
    Good feedback... thanks!

I didn’t know SLI bridges improved things with Resolve...? Is this a new thing? Also does it combine the GPU memory for Resolve?

Thanks
    SLI shouldn't work with Resolve

Might be a bug, might be user error, Or maybe both even..

I am finding yesterday, amazing playback no issues and was getting into learning the Resolve way of life.

Today, playback still fine in the "Media" tab and both CPU and GPU are at like 10-15% resource.
    Then flick over to Cut, Edit, Color tabs and playback stutters and the resource has changed to 100% CPU again?

Is this a bit of a bug? I am about to start a new project to check if I changed the wrong setting somewhere and also considering updating the nVIDIA drivers for the RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb...

Rohit,

Has there been any movement on supporting 32 bit float audio? I will download and upgrade but see nothing about this on the lists

IMHO 32bit float is becoming more of a show stopper. Maybe BMD should start doing audio recorders so we can get the float working :)

cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome

Like Simon says, bit buggy. Might be a coincidence, started up new project and got worse playback again. Shifting to older project and got better playback, settings are all the same. All I can tell is that one of my two Titan x cards was not lifting anything and after SLI bridge it got active. I am swamped in job this December and wish I had the time to do some testing but I just ainīt got the time. I have been waiting a long time for this Resolve thing to happen so its exciting times!