Thread: RED + NVIDIA Update

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    Your statement implies that you missed the word "FPGA".
    Jarred's recent statement on a new Red-Apple détente is a good indicator of things to come...
    Someone still has to program that FPGA, when that goes at the same speed as the NLE's supporting the RED + NVidia thing, well we have to wait and see.
    With render speed, Apple claims that ProRes RAW renders 4 times faster than R3D 5:1 at the same resolution(on a MacPro 18 core).

I have no knowledge about Jarred's recent statement (afaik they where talking about Metal, hence GPU acc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Someone still has to program that FPGA, when that goes at the same speed as the NLE's supporting the RED + NVidia thing, well we have to wait and see.
    With render speed, Apple claims that ProRes RAW renders 4 times faster than R3D 5:1 at the same resolution(on a MacPro 18 core).

I have no knowledge about Jarred's recent statement (afaik they where talking about Metal, hence GPU acc.).
    This statement made by Jarred about Apple and Red working together:

"To be clear, as I mentioned before, this never really was Apple vs. RED. It has always been APPLE + RED, and this was all part of the process defining how we work together in the future.
    We are very excited for the new Mac Pro and the new XDR pro display and the power they bring to the entire RED workflow"
    Using Metal, I'm sure, will be great, using both Metal and Afterburner together may be even greater
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    This statement made by Jarred about Apple and Red working together:

"To be clear, as I mentioned before, this never really was Apple vs. RED. It has always been APPLE + RED, and this was all part of the process defining how we work together in the future.
    We are very excited for the new Mac Pro and the new XDR pro display and the power they bring to the entire RED workflow"
    Using Metal, I'm sure, will be great, using both Metal and Afterburner together may be even greater
    Well the new 28 core in the MacPro is faster than the current 18 core iMacPro.
    I see no promises in Jarred's statements and also don't get how the XDR pro display is going to contribute to the power of the entire RED workflow (power usage maybe).

The RED+NVidia stuff also sounded great a year ago...
    For the Apple+RED users I hope it's blazing fast.

Really hoping all Metal Macs will benefit from whatever will come and not only the MacPro Afterburner users..