Thread: How to apply different RAW settings to clip in different parts of Premiere timeline?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 How to apply different RAW settings to clip in different parts of Premiere timeline? 
    I can't figure out how to apply a different ISO setting to my raw clip at different parts in the timeline when the lighting changes, it seems to apply globally no matter if there are cuts in the clip on the timeline or not. Any advice? I cant use a color correction tool as a workaround because then everything clips, using RAW controls is preferred, i hope this is possible in premiere because its quite convenient for a simple job like the one i'm cutting now..

Assuming you are using Premiere since you posted in the Adobe forum, if you Disable Master Clip Effects on one clip then you should be able to tune the raw settings on a per-clip rather than per r3d basis.

that didnt work, or maybe i did it wrong. that seems to disable all raw adjustments altogether. and if i turn it on for a clip and make a change, it still changes it in other parts of the timeline where its being used. is my only option to actually make a duplicate of the R3D file itself, call it something different ("lighter version") and use that one in the spots where i need it to be lighter?

thats all i have to do. a section where the lights were dimmed, a few r3D in the timeline need to be boosted.

Surely someone out there knows

I beleive only way to do it is... in your bin you need to duplicate the R3D. Use that new R3D in that segment only. You don't need a separate file on hard drive. Just in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Samir Patel View Post
    I beleive only way to do it is... in your bin you need to duplicate the R3D. Use that new R3D in that segment only. You don't need a separate file on hard drive. Just in the bin.
    This appears to be the only way to do it (although it would be great to find out another way exists...).

If you just right-click on the clip in the timeline, reveal in project, duplicate the r3d in the bin, then drop the new clip into the timeline, your in/outs will be the same and you can adjust the raw settings on the new clip.