Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Apple + RED

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Fantastic news, thanks Jarred!!!
    Can’t wait for FCP and RedCine :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I am not allowed to talk about afterburner yet... that's a long garden with very high walls. But I can confirm that Jeff's statement below is incorrect. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
    So far it seems Afterburner is purpose-built and entirely specific to ProRes acceleration.

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    Yeah, if only Black Magic would get the new SDK integrated. It's been nice in Scratch though!
    I can confirm that Black Magic now has the R3D Metal SDK and is integrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I am not allowed to talk about afterburner yet... that's a long garden with very high walls. But I can confirm that Jeff's statement below is incorrect. :)
    Sometimes I love it when I'm wrong. :)
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    Sometimes I love it when I'm wrong. :)
    i was just thinking... that may be the first time since I have known you that you have been incorrect about anything....

What are the hardware requirements for Metal R3D acceleration? Is it like CUDA (4gb+ vRAM)?
    Last edited by Mike P.; 12-13-2019 at 12:39 AM.

So, if that is the case, what is going to be an equivalent of Afterburner on Windows and Linux side? An Afterburner Red Rocket XXX?
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    So, if that is the case, what is going to be an equivalent of Afterburner on Windows and Linux side? An Afterburner Red Rocket XXX?
    You mean the RED ROCKET? ha ha, I kid, I kid but it is kinda the same thing.

I dont think the windows side needs it. The Rocket is dead because Nvidia stepped up. And as you all know I celebrated that funeral. And for what CUDA / GPU can't do... What AMD is doing with CPU's now... I mean it's just insane. absolutely insane.

I can confirm that Black Magic now has the R3D Metal SDK and is integrating.
    I think this is great news for MacBook Pro 16inch Purchasers but I am not clear... any chance you can help;-)

Will my brand new maxed spec MacBookpro 16 playback r3ds better than it does now? Delighted to stay in Resolve but even redcine would work for me? I am ok to buy an external GPU box if really needed I just want to know?

Also any news when Resolve may be able to leverage your Nvidia windows r3d work for better red work? I have a 28 core Titan heavy grading suite still straining with 8k Monstro files...?

Thank you

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lindsay View Post
    I think this is great news for MacBook Pro 16inch Purchasers but I am not clear... any chance you can help;-)

Will my brand new maxed spec MacBookpro 16 playback r3ds better than it does now? Delighted to stay in Resolve but even redcine would work for me? I am ok to buy an external GPU box if really needed I just want to know?

Also any news when Resolve may be able to leverage your Nvidia windows r3d work for better red work? I have a 28 core Titan heavy grading suite still straining with 8k Monstro files...?

Thank you
    The new 16" is a massive jump in metal performance over the 15". The new Cuda SDK drops this morning, so Resolve on both sides will work when BM is finished integrating, obviously much much better under Cuda on your 28 core titan.