Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 6K Dragon-X DSMC2 Petition!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    I also thought the challenge was offered only for Weapon MG with 6k Dragon owners...

Now RED could reconsider rebake some 6k Dragons and offer that upgrade path for non 6k Dragons owners... ? (Speculations...)

Pat

+2

2 x DSMC1 Epic Dragon depending on final price.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 8K HELIUM Stormtrooper / 2 x Gemini Packages
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm / Atlas Anamorphic A-Set

The fact that there is even a glimmer of hope of this happening is one of the best parts of the Red ecosystem. I imagine upgrades are a logistical nightmare.

+1 RED Weapon Dragon MG

+1 for a Scarlet W to Scarlet Dragon 6K sensor :)
    Pete Lightowler www.duai.com.au
    Scarlet W - Gates Pro Action Housing - Gates GT14 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    So I'm a bit confused by this thread....

You suggested to Jarred that he could pair your 6K Dragon sensor with the new boards and image processing. I get that you might not want to go down in resolution with DSMC2 if you're happy with Dragon.

He was looking for 50 more that might want to do this.

But more than half of the list here is people with all kinds of 'not 6K Dragon' cameras. Is there confusion about what this was about, or has it become "bring any old camera and trade it in".... for a whole new camera?
    I was doing it primarily for Weapon Mg owners, but with the growing interest of all of these other camera owners who have held onto their bodies waiting for something "better" to come up, I thought it'd be nice to compile a list and show Jarred the growing interest in a 6K Dragon-X :)

Yeah, I was under the impression he meant use your pre-existing DSMC2 6k sensor/pcb (from Weapons), and then replace the rest of the boards with DSMC2 Unified hardware (to get finalized IPP2, highest res proxies, LUT support). Not to make a new batch of freshly cut DSMC2 Unified 6k Dragons.

Maybe JarJar could chim in to confirm/clarify... (I’m pretty sure he peruses the forum. :)
    Last edited by Mike P.; 11-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

+1 DSMC1 Epic Dragon, also depending on price.

+1 DSMC1 Epic Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Yeah, I was under the impression he meant use your pre-existing DSMC2 6k sensor/pcb (from Weapons), and then replace the rest of the boards with DSMC2 Unified hardware (to get finalized IPP2, highest res proxies, LUT support). Not to make a new batch of freshly cut DSMC2 Unified 6k Dragons.

Maybe JarJar could chim in to confirm/clarify... (I’m pretty sure he peruses the forum. :)
    There’s also the idea that RED may want to do this because Komodo will be much lower priced, but higher spec’d in one major area (resolution) than Dragon-X.