Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 6K Dragon-X DSMC2 Petition!

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon Bennett View Post
    You know I thought it was just a board upgrade, but I'm thinking it must be a new camera because of the color. SW is grey and all DSMC2 bodies are black. I'm betting both customers and RED themselves wouldn't be happy with the bodies being inconsistent, so I'm betting its a body replacement and you get back a new camera.

That's just my own reasoning, though, and I'd love to have that question answered by someone at RED directly.
    no no you get a whole new Dragon X body ( mechanicals ) that say Dragon 6K on them just like if you bought a new Dragon X 6k. Some newer Scarlet W's we can use the sensors and majority of the boards, some we will need to replace. But yes you get a new Dragon X body. Thats the majority of the cost of the upgrade since we get to reuse so much of the insides.

This may all change though if we need to make more Dragon 6k sensors and they take a yield hit at the fab... we just removed any error buffer we have going from 5k to 6k so there is now zero margin for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    no no you get a whole new Dragon X body ( mechanicals ) that say Dragon 6K on them just like if you bought a new Dragon X 6k. Some newer Scarlet W's we can use the sensors and majority of the boards, some we will need to replace. But yes you get a new Dragon X body. Thats the majority of the cost of the upgrade since we get to reuse so much of the insides.

This may all change though if we need to make more Dragon 6k sensors and they take a yield hit at the fab... we just removed any error buffer we have going from 5k to 6k so there is now zero margin for error.
    I guess it can't get any more direct than that. Thanks!

+1 Scarlet W

+1 Scarlet-W

Thank you!

Thanks Ivan. Yes the REDUSER list takes priority... because this is where the whole thing started so the priority is well deserved. The RED list is the best way for the team to get all your info and everyone here needs to be on that list as well as Dan keeps repeating, but that list will not be addressed until the REDUSER list is all lined up and sorted.
    Thank YOU for making this 6K Dragon possible! I really think this will be the DSMC2 sweet-spot for so many of us!

Question about warranty please: I purchased Red Armor for my Scarlet-W back when I bought the camera in Nov. 2017. I believe that extends the warranty by 2 years, through to Nov. 2021 in my case -- basing off of this article here. What happens to that extended warranty when upgrading to Dragon-X?

The same support article mentions "Upgrade Armor" but that's only 1 year, and sounds like an optional extra. This will be my first Red upgrade, and am a little confused by the nuances. Thought I should ask for some clarity straight from the horse's mouth :)

Please forgive me if this was previously covered! Thanks!

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The list on the first post of this thread takes priority. Tomorrow at 5pm we will lock that list down, Brent will make sure to add all the ones in this thread that havn't been updated and those customers will be taken care of first before the list on RED.COM gets attended to.

I know there are people that just signed up to Reduser the last few weeks to take advantage of this (welcome to the insanity btw ) and are scrambling to get their names on the list, but that goes against the spirit of this priority list for all you diehards. They can still reach out to fellow REDUSERs and ask them to post their name here but naturally that will put them near the bottom. So they still count, but just at the end of counting if that makes sense.
    Reminder, I am closing this thread at 5pm PT / in about 10 minutes. Brendan, if there are any names that you did not get to add to page 1 / master list, please shoot me an email with those names and I will update. Please have that done within the next 24 hours if possible.

brent at reduser dot net

I put a request in here for the branding upgrade, but haven't found a link on site for that. If there is one please put here or DM me!

8.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #428  

I know both Dan and Jarred have said it, but if you have added yourself to this thread with a desired upgrade, you STILL need to sign up on RED.com Request Form. For example, about a third of the folks who want to upgrade from SCARLET-W have entered their info on RED.com. Here is the Form for that.

Additionally, a lot of people also put their names on REDUSER, but are not in RED’s records as registered owners. If you have not transferred ownership to you from a previous owner or if you purchased your camera through a dealer and have not registered it, you need to. If your contact info is not up to date with RED, it needs to be. We want to make sure REDUSERS are given proper priority, so that is why Jarred and Dan are pressing so hard for you to sign up in both places. The REDUSER master list gives you the “front of the line” pass, but signing up on RED.com gets you in the system properly. If RED cannot find / contact you, that’s on you.

To see what upgrades you are eligible for, please go here.

To begin a Transfer of Ownership or camera registration, please go here.

Questions? Hit up Dan.