Thread: 8k probs

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 8k probs 
    I have an 8k G900 82"Samsung and the RTX8000 but NO WAY of seeing 8k.

Any advice? How you guys watch 8k from the pc to an 8k tv?

The NVIDIA RTX8000 has a display port 1.4 and my Samsung G900 has only HDMI 2.1 so I was told that at this time there is no such cable for 8k 60hz

But looks like is more complicated than a cable. Maybe I should return the Samsung and forget 8k?

any solutions / advice??

thanks

I'm assuming you have a Samsung Q900 television? There is no G series.

Need to know the specific model and info there first and which One Connect Box you are using. i.e. if it has 4X HDMI you are likely feeding it 4X UHD 4K signals via a GPU.

HDMI 2.1 is bleeding new. Nvidia has some HDMI 2.1 stuff coming shortly for single cabled solutions.

For all of my 8K displays I'm using either 4X DP to HDMI or in the case of the Dell, 2X DP.

Shortly there will be more support for HDMI 2.1 now that it's well standardized and cables exist basically as of January 2019. You'll see most UHD 8K televisions being released from here on out supporting single cable HDMI 2.1.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    For all of my 8K displays
    How many are we talking here

http://www.GTsai.com
    http://fuzeti.com/
    DSMC2 Helium 7572
    "Sanity is for the weak!" - Dawn of War
    "I do not suffer from schizophrenia, I quite enjoy it...
    And so do I "-EA

George Tsai,

I watched this very carefully 2 times already, is a different setup. By far, thank you though ;-)

Correction...
    ;-)
    Upon watching it 3rd time great way. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ken Wilson; 10-29-2019 at 04:22 PM.

I'm assuming you have a Samsung Q900 television? There is no G series.

Need to know the specific model and info there first and which One Connect Box you are using. i.e. if it has 4X HDMI you are likely feeding it 4X UHD 4K signals via a GPU.

HDMI 2.1 is bleeding new. Nvidia has some HDMI 2.1 stuff coming shortly for single cabled solutions.

For all of my 8K displays I'm using either 4X DP to HDMI or in the case of the Dell, 2X DP.

Shortly there will be more support for HDMI 2.1 now that it's well standardized and cables exist basically as of January 2019. You'll see most UHD 8K televisions being released from here on out supporting single cable HDMI 2.1.
    Yes, my mistake. That is the correct model Q900 82".
    Yes it has the box with 4 HDMI's and I was told that any 2 at a time can support 8k resolution.

Do you think it will be a single cable solution like there is now for 4k tv's ?? It looks t more complicated than that. That is what I mean:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14535...i-21-converter

The problem is also that I like very much the NVIDIA RTX8000 at 6k footage and other stuff works really good with it but it had ONLY DISPLAYPORT OUTPUTS 1.4 - It has also usb c but that is not of interest or 8k to hdmi.

>>>>> For all of my 8K displays I'm using either 4X DP to HDMI

That's what I use now but I get only 4k. I spend 6k for the RTX8000 and over 6k for the Samsung 82" and can not get 8k...
    Under this circumstances it maybe better to return the 8k tv for an identical size 4k at 1/3 of the cost??

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Wilson View Post
    Do you think it will be a single cable solution like there is now for 4k tv's ?? It looks t more complicated than that.
    The HDMI 2.1 spec is very, very new. Though the spec was announced in 2017, the general hardware really didn't exist until real recently. Which is why many of the current UHD 8K TVs do not use HDMI 2.1.

There are two purposes for the One Connect box to exist. 1. To help keep the television's profile slim. 2. To allow fairly painless upgrading to the new spec once the hardware becomes available.

On your Quadro RTX 8000 you have 4X DisplayPort connections. You want to use Display port to HDMI cables to do what you wan to do.

Your model is what we used to premiere Quantum Flows at the 8K Summit in New York back in June. Though we drove that off the USB drive for simplicity's sake, I did indeed use that 4X setup to feed 8K to the TVs.

I wrote about this a bit before the Linus video on how I got the Sharp up and running. 2X GPUs allows me to have either 2X 8K displays running or a 4K and 8K display pretty easily off the same box.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

On your Quadro RTX 8000 you have 4X DisplayPort connections. You want to use Display port to HDMI cables to do what you wan to do.

Your model is what we used to premiere Quantum Flows at the 8K Summit in New York back in June. Though we drove that off the USB drive for simplicity's sake, I did indeed use that 4X setup to feed 8K to the TVs.

I wrote about this a bit before the Linus video on how I got the Sharp up and running.

2X GPUs allows me to have either 2X 8K displays running or a 4K and 8K display pretty easily off the same box.

Mr. Phil: Thank you for your help sir!

>> On your Quadro RTX 8000 you have 4X DisplayPort connections. You want to use Display port to HDMI cables to do what you wan to do.

That's correct. But the DISPLAY TO HDMI cables today support only 4k
    Are you saying that I can connect more than one cable in some configuration from 1 RTX8000 to 1 Q900 to get 8k?

I can get 2 cables or 4 cables DISPLAYPORT to HDMI outof the RTX8000 but how I feed them to one HDMI 2.1 input in the Samsung?

Are you using the NVIDIA MOSAIC CONFIGURATION?
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...-control-panel

iI use 3 monitors now, 1 of 8k, 1 of 4k and 1 of 1080p
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Wilson; 10-29-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Yes, you want 4X cables to broadcast 4X UHD 4K signals to form your UHD 8K image. Yes. Use Nvidia Mosiac.

This will be less of an issue in 2020. Your television model will eventually support HDMI 2.1 and a single cable connection.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon