Thread: Leica / Leitz Summilux-C prime lens set T1.4 MINT CONDITION

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Leica / Leitz Summilux-C prime lens set T1.4 MINT CONDITION 
    Selling my personal set of Leica / Leitz Summilux-C lenses.

There are 5 in the set: 18mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm & 75mm.

These lenses were only used by me and never rented to anyone else. I bought them brand new from Band Pro and I have been the only owner. They are just over 2 years old and have been serviced at Duclos with a perfect bill of health.

I live in Newport Beach if you want to see them in person.

MORE INFORMATION:
    https://www.leitz-cine.com/summilux-...inematography/

Fast, compact and lightweight
    At T 1.4 and averaging only 1.7 kg per lens, the SUMMILUX-C lenses are the smallest set of fast aperture, purpose-built prime lenses available for cinematography. Their patent focus design allows for a long focus throw even on these compact lenses.

Size
    Their unique design allows these cine lenses to be far smaller than any existing lenses below T2. At just 5.6” (142 mm) long and weighing between 3.5 and 4 pounds (1.6-1.8 kg), lens changes are easier and safer than ever, which is welcome news for camera assistants and hurried productions. Smaller lenses also result in smaller, lighter camera packages and cases as well as significantly smaller rigs.

Focusing
    The biggest complaint about 35mm cinema lenses has always been their large size intended to accommodate a focus ring with more witness marks.
    The SUMMILUX-C lenses feature a patented focusing mechanism that eschews the logarithmic focusing of the past by expanding the focus scale in the most critical range.

Light Path
    The use of exotic aspherical elements in each SUMMILUX-C lens creates a telecentric path of light from the rear element to the sensor. Telecentricity and aspheric correction not only reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing, but also create a more even illumination across the entire field.

Paid $180k
    Sell for $119k
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeff McCoy; 03-10-2020 at 11:19 PM.
    Jeff McCoy
    Camera Car Driver, 1st AC & Drone Pilot
    2x Monstros, Summilux-C primes, Premista zooms, Prestons, Teradeks, OLED monitors, O’Connor heads, drones, Porsche Camera Car, 4x4 Sprinter van & lots more!
    Arm Car: www.ArmCar.com
    Camera Rentals: www.industrialdigital.tv
    Instagram: @Industrial_Digital

$135K for 5 lenses
    Is that consider to be a price drop? I would be very interested to follow and know for how much these will be sold

Quote Originally Posted by D Namir View Post
    $135K for 5 lenses
    Is that consider to be a price drop? I would be very interested to follow and know for how much these will be sold
    These are expensive lenses, but at 135K, it’s actually the best deal available. The new Leitz full-frame primes will be twice the cost of this set, and they are larger, heavier and slower than these.
    Jeff McCoy
    2x Monstros, Summilux-C primes, Premista zooms, Prestons, Teradeks, OLED monitors, O’Connor heads, drones, Porsche Camera Car, 4x4 Sprinter van & lots more!

I remember when you got these.. sorry you're selling them.
    Louis Maddalena
    New York Based.

CF Weapon, Epic-W, Leica Summicron-Cs, Schneider Xeons, available for rent nationwide.
    AKS, Lighting and Grip also available. PM for information.

New Studio: msquaredstudio.tv
    Follow me on Instagram @MSquared_Studio
    New Website: MaddalenaMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
    I remember when you got these.. sorry you're selling them.
    Hey dude. No need to be sorry, I’m stoked for the upgrade to the new Leitz Primes that will cover my Monstro. These were great and will be a great deal for anyone shooting S35 like Helium, Gemini, Dragon, Alexa etc. Love the look and I doubt I’ll ever leave the Leica/Leitz family. Hope you’re doing well Louis!
    Jeff McCoy

I hope those new Leitz primes are worth that amount of money. That is an insane price increase!
    Red Monstro 8k VV, Alexa Minis, Kowa ANA, Kowa Evolution ANA, Lomo Round front, Lomo Square Fronts, Canon K35, TLS Panchros, Angie Zooms, and all the support to go with.

Price lowered

I can't express just how much I wish the Cs covered VV. Best lenses I've ever seen. If you shoot S35 and have the coin...

Cheers - #19

Bump