Thread: Triggering record remotely

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Triggering record remotely 
    Hi guys. We are just about to start a shoot and all is well but I have wireless question. My camera is epicW. We are sending wireless images using teradek bolt 500 coming out of the hdmi port on the v lock expander to black magic 7” monitors into the SDI input. Picture is great. My question is... how do we trigger the black magics to record as we hit record on the camera? Apparently the Alexa does it automatically. All answers gratefully received... Jim

I have not used the HDMI Port to try triggering. But with the SDI Port it worked flawlessly.
    Even with Transmitting filenames over the Wireless connection, and then having proxies to work from. (connection was to a Mac Pro with QTake HD)
    bitframe
    bitframe.at

Filmproduction & Filmservices

Red Gemini + Leica-R Optics.

For Sale:
    RED EPIC-X - RED ONE Accessories - Leica-R Lenses (please PM me for them)

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian Meier View Post
    I have not used the HDMI Port to try triggering. But with the SDI Port it worked flawlessly.
    Even with Transmitting filenames over the Wireless connection, and then having proxies to work from. (connection was to a Mac Pro with QTake HD)
    Just one thing to watch out for. The tc on the output is normally not correct, differ on a +/- 3 frames last time I checked.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro