Thread: Mercedes Sprinter van customized for film production For Sale / So. California

Closed Thread
  1. #1 Mercedes Sprinter van customized for film production For Sale / So. California 
    Hey All, after 42 years of Hollywood production madness (and sanity), I am calling it quits and selling off a few items I won’t need any longer. One of them is my trusty Mercedes Sprinter 2500 van. I am unable for some reason to upload more than one picture attachment here, but click on this external link to view a photo album online - https://photos.app.goo.gl/vzdHZAbiEforYizm9.

This van is in perfect drive-off condition to travel anywhere in North America today. Here are the basics;

2004 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 high top with 171K miles which I am the second owner having bought it in 2006. I have used it as a camera van and DIT van - sometimes both on many productions around the USA. 171K miles might seem high - for a gas engine, but this is a Mercedes Diesel engine which can run up to 1000K miles and many older tradesmen usage Sprinters make it to that mark. This van gets a consistent 23+ MPG even fully loaded.

Location; Los Angeles/So. California region

Basic features;
    New tires, new brakes, rooftop air conditioner, AC inputs, DC/AC Inverter

Custom interior features;
    Metal storage racks and drawers
    AC/DC Inverter (heavy duty)
    AC inputs for air conditioner & inverter systems
    Wheel well boot flat areas
    Metal driver/cargo area divider with door
    Cable pass through boxes
    Computer laptop tray
    Interior roof insulation
    Backup camera
    USB input for car charging and radio connection
    Electric door locks all doors
    Chapman brand alarm system

Mechanical;
    5-cylinder in-line Mercedes Diesel engine. This diesel uses the earlier catalytic converter smog system for California and not the newer more complex and unreliable DEF system of newer diesels - a big plus. AC blows cold, heater works fine. It has cruise control for long drives, auto transmission. I can supply at least 10 years of service records detailing all repairs made, I have kept this vehicle in perfect working order since the day I bought it as you would expect from a production reliability standpoint.

Before I list this vehicle with all it’s production-centric features to the general public on AutoTrader or other methods, perhaps someone in the film production community might be looking for just such a customized work vehicle, so I’m posting it here first.

Asking $17,500

I have pink slip and current California registration and smog certificate.
    The vehicle is available to test drive and checkout in the general Los Angeles area

PM me if interested or text to 310-457-7085 // Bruce

NOTE: I'm having some difficulty uploading more than one picture as an attachment. I have many ready to view, click on this external link to view them
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/vzdHZAbiEforYizm9
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Schultz; 10-08-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Nice build out! I would be interested in this if it weren't a 25 hire drive back to Houston!

Quote Originally Posted by RobMNeilson View Post
    Nice build out! I would be interested in this if it weren't a 25 hire drive back to Houston!
    3-hour flight West, 1.5 days back to Texas - doesn't seem too unreasonable.

California vehicles are the cleanest for air quality in the nation, and in So Cal we don't ever get snow so no salt or corrosion on the roads means our undercarriages are pretty much rust-free.

Wow this is a nice one. I have a Sprinter 118'' non-high roof, same model year, and it's great. Sometimes I wish I had the longer wheelbase. I would consider picking this up if I didn't just buy mine!

Who made the interior shelving and wheel well boxes?
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wahba View Post
    Who made the interior shelving and wheel well boxes?
    So long ago I can't remember where I got the interior cabinets and shelves done.

I posted 2 new pics showing how it was outfitted during production times.
    URL link: shorturl.at/sBIKO

Also, can anyone advise me on how to BOLD the subject line in a post like this?

Lots of hits but no sale. I'm posting on AutoTrader and other places today, so this is pretty much the last call for this thread.